Happy Halloween 2021

gavinfulikes

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

For the record, i've taken the below posts to imply that Dreamworld employees either were operating in these functions, or should be used to do so. I acknowledge however that nobody specifically said 'untrained' but nobody said 'professional traffic control' either.

Because pedantic is the favourite theme around here I will correct myself to say "**I** NEVER SAID USE UNTRAINED PEOPLE".

Edited by rappa
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, themagician said:

DW are already implementing new procedures to help with the parking issue. They have opened up the access road to Blue Lagoon park as extra parking. They are reducing the entry road to one lane. They have traffic control directing traffic down the first row so cars have to use the back half of the carpark. This is to allow day guests to exit easily and then Halloween guests fill the front car parks first. They have also removed the fencing that was used to store ST track. 

8829F077-6517-474F-A8E6-1DF10775DBC3.jpeg

Had a good view of the "overflow car park" next to the land the Big Brother House used to sit on from the Giant Drop today. Saw a handful of vehicles parked there throughout the day.

Edited by Im Hungry

On 23/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, themagician said:

They have also removed the fencing that was used to store ST track. 

I didn't even think for a moment that they still had the ST carpark fencing up, and thought it'd just be the bus bay area outside buzzsaw. 

If the first night still had a big chunk of the front part of the carpark cordoned off, no wonder it was a shitshow.

Went on the last night so this infomation is pretty irrelevant, but I thought the event was fantastic! Again the free redemption so just went to check it out. Got to the park at 3pm and then was able to stay inside from 5-5.30 during the transition rather than dealing with big parking lines or lines at the gate. Great time was had, the Mansion was great! Althouhg the harvest snacks area wasn't open tonight because it sounds like they ran out of some items, didnt really mind the event was free anyway. Loved that every inch of the park had decoration and music playing. Good job dreamworld. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

Went on the last night so this infomation is pretty irrelevant, but I thought the event was fantastic! Again the free redemption so just went to check it out. Got to the park at 3pm and then was able to stay inside from 5-5.30 during the transition rather than dealing with big parking lines or lines at the gate. Great time was had, the Mansion was great! Althouhg the harvest snacks area wasn't open tonight because it sounds like they ran out of some items, didnt really mind the event was free anyway. Loved that every inch of the park had decoration and music playing. Good job dreamworld. 

This is really great to hear. I feel like the vast majority of feedback that's been posted here (from parking flow to allowing guests to stay in the park after day trade etc. etc.) has been taken onboard and adapted to make the event better. I feel like the mansion has been under-rated - what were people's thoughts on it?

• Like 1

I loved the mansion, it was a great use of space, a 'custom' attraction for an evening event, fun for the kids and a good experience. I thought it was the best part of Happy Halloween. I hope they use the space more in the future because the 'bones' of the building are great, It's a surprisingly large space too.

• Like 1