disneylands new guardians of the galaxy ride opening soon

I absolutely adored Tower of Terror at DCA and was shocked/saddened/upset when I heard they were changing the theme. But after watching a half-a-dozen or so onride videos and queue walkthroughs of Mission Breakout - I can say that I am pleasantly surprised.

My opinions might change when I ride it IRL, but I honestly think they did a really good job. Is Guardians better than the original?? Probably not. Is it worse than the original? Probably not. Tbh I don't think either is better than the other, because of the very different emotions, atmosfear and theme the 2 rides present/presented. I loved the mystery and haunted atmosfear that ToT conveyed, and how the ride system melded so perfectly with the storytelling. But I also love this new sci/fi, humorous adventure that really brings YOU into the story - you are apart of the prison breakout - you get to help. The ride has a very energetic vibe to it, compared to ToT. Plus their is now greater re-rideability with the different audio tracks and drop sequences.

I've never been on the original Tower Of Terror at Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World. Everyone claims that this version is the superior; and I would have to agree after watching this really damn good POV of the ride: 

I'm very glad this version still exists, and it on my bucket list. I love, love, love how the elevator cars move in and out of the lift shafts by themselves. A marvel of engineering and storytelling for a ride that opened in 1994!! IMO, the ride system is impressive even in 2017.

Edited by Luke