BNErider

Weird...

7 posts in this topic

While I was in Sydney last week, I decided to stop at Luna Park. Which wasn’t the best idea on a cold, rainy night. But I went anyway... We could see the Lights while we were driving across the bridge, but I couldn’t see any rides going? As we pulled up to the main gates, there wasn’t anyone inside, but the gates were open? So we walked in. The place was empty! There was no guests or staff to be seen. It was weird because the main gates were wide open and the park wasn’t meant to close for another 2 hours. (anyone could just "hot wire" the rides) Anyways, The moral of the story is that; if you want the park to yourself, go when it’s raining.

While I was in Sydney last week, I decided to stop at Luna Park. Which wasn’t the best idea on a cold, rainy night. But I went anyway... We could see the Lights while we were driving across the bridge, but I couldn’t see any rides going? As we pulled up to the main gates, there wasn’t anyone inside, but the gates were open? So we walked in. The place was empty! There was no guests or staff to be seen. It was weird because the main gates were wide open and the park wasn’t meant to close for another 2 hours. (anyone could just "hot wire" the rides) Anyways, The moral of the story is that; if you want the park to yourself, go when it’s raining.
I'm pretty sure Luna Park is actually a public thoroughfare, anyone can walk thru it at any time as it includes part of the Rose Bay walking path. I've walked around there a few times late at night and been all over the site. The lights are always left on at nights. I've also had the pleasure - or not - of dealing with Luna Park security on a heap of gigs there and can assure you the place is more than secure...

yeah if u read the signage about park times ect u would find its closed tuesdays/wensdays apart from school holidays those are the two days out of the week where its not worth keeping the place open.