Should the Log Ride Be Next.....

thunder001

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Log Ride Be Next.....

• Leave it where it is and do nothing.
    • Leave it where it is and upgrade the ride.
    • Relocate the ride to a new location in the park.
    • Remove the ride from the park.

I'm not sure how my post earlier came out, but the point I was trying to make was that they will more than likely just be giving the ride an extended rehab - no changes to the ride. I was also thinking along the lines of replacing some supports, maybe even right up to rebuilding a drop or a section of channel or something if there are problems with it, but certainly nothing new added to the ride. Theming is more of an overnight job at Dreamworld - you'll see a lot of things, even the repaving of Gold Rush Country, are done without closing anything. I'd be very surprised if any retheming were done to the Log Ride during the downtime, simply because it's not necessary, and somewhat of a waste of resources (in terms of manpower), which could otherwise be put to fixing the core components of the ride.

And as some of us suggested earlier, the extended maintenance period is a result of the entire first drop being rebuilt from the ground up. If I actually cared, I'd mention that in my post just above I predicted this exact situation, but I don't care. :cool: (Really, what would it possibly prove?) An update from today can be seen here: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=61