Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Screamworld Report with Photos

8 posts in this topic

The Giant drop station looked really cool with the earthy light coming out of it. It's a pity they don't have the park at night all the time. Why don't they??

I'm assuming it's because of the amount the rides cost to operate. ToT uses a hell of alot of power. Also it's probably a bit distressing for the wildlife even if they are far away from the rides.

It's a pity that they couldn't focus huge neon spotlights on the Dreamworld tower. It would have looked pretty awesome with green, yellow, red & blue lights all streamin up the side of the tower. The Claw looked great!

But It'd look great! Besides the big tower doesn't look that oil riggy anyway, apart from the base, and even then, it's a bit...thin. Consider the following photos. http://www.mms.gov/mmskids/explore/q1s.jpg http://www.ride-extravaganza.com/rides/gia...ant_drop_03.jpg Don't exactly look too similar do they. Full credit to those who took the photos of course.

Putting my lighting hat on for a minute... floodlighting the GD tower would look cool if done properly, but would require some pretty highly powered fixtures to effectively colour the black tower. I think it would be a distraction for riders - I would imagine that being at the top of GD would be even more thrilling at night as there's no light up there at all. If you lit the tower, the carriage and people would be lit up, ruining a bit of the effect if you ask me.