Sign in to follow this  
Ibot

Land

2 posts in this topic

Where do the park makers find land, suitable for the park? eg: i wanted to build my own park, where would i start to find land for it?

To tell you the truth, there seems to be little rhyme or reason to it, different operators have different things in mind, and often parks just end up where they are by a lucky chain of events, take Sea World, i think it once started out as like a seal pool or something like that, and gradually it just got bigger expanding till it took up all of the spit, or with Alton Towers in the UK, it began as a family estate that had public gardens that operated for 100s of years, but they decided to add a few carnival rides and things just snowballed creating what it is today. Other times investors just find a big plot of land, and with a bit of cash and a lot of imagination a park emerges, often this happens a fair way out in the sticks, like Wonderland, Dreamworld or Movie World in Madrid. But basically the land you would need would have to be appropriatley zoned, close to civilisation and a market of potential visitors but no too close as to disturb people with noise, it would have to be a good size too and have space for the future.