What is the go with Movie World

dazwin

For those of you who go to movie World regularly what is happening to the park. We normally go to Movie World on a Tuesday; yes I know the crowds are not as big. But on the Queen’s Birthday weekend No Lethal Weapon closed until the 3 rd of July OK I can live with that, but Superman did not start until 2 pm and then with a 90 minute wait with only one train going why not have the 2 trains running come on bring on the 2nd train, Movie World is a premier park to us. We love the rides but during this busy time rides not working. And the food service is just starting to get bad as well, was all the staff in a go slow mode or what it took over half an hour to get serve with only 3 people in front of me. As I said I love the park but are things getting this bad through the recession. There was a lot of upset people on the day, people who are interstate visitors etc. I was telling the friends who we had with us that things are not normally this bad. At least Movie World made an effort to keep Wild West Falls going on the day. Sorry for being negative.

For those of you who go to movie World regularly what is happening to the park. We normally go to Movie World on a Tuesday; yes I know the crowds are not as big. But on the Queen’s Birthday weekend No Lethal Weapon closed until the 3 rd of July OK I can live with that, but Superman did not start until 2 pm and then with a 90 minute wait with only one train going why not have the 2 trains running come on bring on the 2nd train, Movie World is a premier park to us. We love the rides but during this busy time rides not working. And the food service is just starting to get bad as well, was all the staff in a go slow mode or what it took over half an hour to get serve with only 3 people in front of me. As I said I love the park but are things getting this bad through the recession. There was a lot of upset people on the day, people who are interstate visitors etc. I was telling the friends who we had with us that things are not normally this bad. At least Movie World made an effort to keep Wild West Falls going on the day. Sorry for being negative.
i didnt go around that time, but i did go the other day (yesterday) and everything was really quiet. still no lethal weapon unfortunately, but superman was working 99% of the day, it did break down for 15mins while we were in the queue. i do feel sorry for the first group of ppl let on after they fixed it when the mechanic goes "loaded test run, stand clear" :P scooby was back to its near best (but definately the best i have seen it in months) as far as the food goes, service was fast and the food was actually decent for once (steakburger & chips from the one near WWF)

I went yesterday also, and I found the park to be quite busy. Superman was running one train, and waits exceeded 60 minutes throughout the day. Scooby Doo also had a wait of over 60 minutes, although not much can be done for that. With no surprise, Roadrunner was also running just one train, and lines were long, however not a major problem. Scooby Doo was working fine expect the last room, which didn't have a laser to hide the drop. However, I feel Main Street needs an overhaul of some of the buildings. The building behind the main screen and the ones above the photo shop are the worst. Finally, HWSD apparently only has two working cars which means the show isn't as 'action packed' as it was with four police cars. PS, here is an attached image of that 'smell machine' outside the ice cream shop. Isn't it tacky!

post-1543-1245907061_thumb.jpg

I went yesterday also, and I found the park to be quite busy. Superman was running one train, and waits exceeded 60 minutes throughout the day. Scooby Doo also had a wait of over 60 minutes, although not much can be done for that. With no surprise, Roadrunner was also running just one train, and lines were long, however not a major problem. Scooby Doo was working fine expect the last room, which didn't have a laser to hide the drop. However, I feel Main Street needs an overhaul of some of the buildings. The building behind the main screen and the ones above the photo shop are the worst. Finally, HWSD apparently only has two working cars which means the show isn't as 'action packed' as it was with four police cars. PS, here is an attached image of that 'smell machine' outside the ice cream shop. Isn't it tacky!
granted superman should have been running 2 cars, especially when it broke down they should have taken the extra 10mins to load the 2nd car to get people through faster. however scooby was quiet imo, we never waited more than 15mins, even when the sign outside said 40min wait. the last drop of scooby did seem to have a laser turned on, just not doing much anything. there was a red line around the teeth of that mouth you go through. oh, and on scooby, it was the first time i actually noticed the spider thing on the roof just before the camera lol. as for the stunt show, i havent seen it running 4 black cars since i went in april :(

granted superman should have been running 2 cars, especially when it broke down they should have taken the extra 10mins to load the 2nd car to get people through faster. however scooby was quiet imo, we never waited more than 15mins, even when the sign outside said 40min wait. the last drop of scooby did seem to have a laser turned on, just not doing much anything. there was a red line around the teeth of that mouth you go through. oh, and on scooby, it was the first time i actually noticed the spider thing on the roof just before the camera lol. as for the stunt show, i havent seen it running 4 black cars since i went in april :(
Sorry on that Monday Scooby was over an hour wait Superman was one hour and a half, Bat Wing 30 minutes, There was alot of people there on that day and yes they should have spent the time to put the 2nd train for Superman but if they did not because of cutbacks what does this hold for the future of the park.

Sorry on that Monday Scooby was over an hour wait Superman was one hour and a half, Bat Wing 30 minutes, There was alot of people there on that day and yes they should have spent the time to put the 2nd train for Superman but if they did not because of cutbacks what does this hold for the future of the park.
wait, monday? if you read back i was talking about wednesday, not monday. guess i was lucky it was a quiet day
{date='Jun 25 2009,} i didnt go around that time, but i did go the other day (yesterday) and everything was really quiet.
Edited by reanimated35

Went to Movie World again yesterday. All rides were fine except LW and Superman. LW was closed and Superman was running one train, with waits exceeding 90 minutes most of the day! At some points the line was 'nearly' to the end of the line -- with the spill out queues in front of the lockers being used. Scooby Doo's line was outside the building (using the spill out queues) however an extra ride op was being used to split up groups. It was a nice touch. Don't know what's up with Superman's second train...