Sign in to follow this  
thedivinemiss_m

Cables Waterski Park Penrith

4 posts in this topic

Was having a chat to my Hubby on the weekend, and he mentioned that on a forum for the Penrith Panthers (our footy team) the reopening of Cables had been mentioned... Naturally I thought he was full of it, but I was curious and googled it... he wasn't kidding according to this article. http://www.westernweekender.com.au/index.p...view&id=956 Here's hoping it's true - I always wanted to try it when I was a kid.

Further to my post above, I was bored on the weekend (after being cooped up for 3 days with a nasty chest infection) and went for a drive out to Cables. It's still very closed, and it doesn't look like a whole lot has been done yet, though there was a newish looking tractor in there. The place still looks like it belongs in a bad 70's summer camp/horror movie.

We used to ski and wakeboard down there at least 3 times a week. We knew some of the staff so generally got in anytime they were open. It was good to practise on a controlled circuit before competitions, but the problem was there wasn't a "wake". The place was a little behind the times, but really, there isn't a better way for them to do what they do- you need the matting and rubber, althoughthe buildings could do with being spruced up I suppose. I only hope they bring in a different pricing system. Used to have to pay by the hour, and if the place was busy, you'd be lucky to hook on 4 times in the hour.

Cables (now Cables Wake Park) is definitely opening. I just go my Panthers members magazine today and there is a full page ad for it. Not much information except it is re-opening in November. A website has also been setup at www.cableswakepark.com again not much information but it's there. Bussy

Edited by Bussy