Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Lost usernames and avatars

5 posts in this topic

Just a quick note to everyone that a database error saw us lose some forum data. We were able to restore most of the content as it was, but a handful of newer members' accounts were lost (not posts though), as well as many avatars. If you lost your account, please feel free to re-register. If you sign up with the same username, simply send me a message after you register and I'll be able to link up your existing posts to your profile. As for avatars and profile photos, regrettably these are gone as our most recent backup didn't cover these files. Of course feel free to upload a new one!

Are you seeing my avatar? When I go to my profile it's there but it's not showing beside my posts. (nor is yours, at least on my pc) edit - must have been loading from cache on my end. Had disappeared from profile as well. Uploaded new now.

Edited by reanimated35

This is REALLY off topic to what you guys are talking about now but I have always wondered what this number count means. It was up to about 28 but then went down to 22 rapidly. Can someone please explain what it is? It's the big green rectangular box, here's a photo. post-29097-0-29748000-1336776504_thumb.p Oh and also, I just noticed this. Why is my post count wrong? I'm at 179 posts but here under my avatar on the forums it says 134? Is this all happening because the sites muddled up? I had to change my photo before as it disappeared on the forums. Actually, everything's messed up on my page. I'm just going to say it's the site that is having some problems and I'll go along with it.

Edited by kujotess

I've moved your post over here given it's more to do with the issues we've had lately. The post counts is fixed. It was displaying an old post count, but I've just resynchronised it with the actual post count. As said, a lot of avatars were also lost -- just re-upload and you'll be fine. The number in your profile is the number of post likes you've had. If it's gone down since a few days ago then it's because a few likes were lost in the recent issues as well.

I've moved your post over here given it's more to do with the issues we've had lately. The post counts is fixed. It was displaying an old post count, but I've just resynchronised it with the actual post count. As said, a lot of avatars were also lost -- just re-upload and you'll be fine. The number in your profile is the number of post likes you've had. If it's gone down since a few days ago then it's because a few likes were lost in the recent issues as well.

Okay, thanks for that!