Sign in to follow this  
Parkz News

Big changes for Disney, Universal and more in 2016

2 posts in this topic

A nice brief update without waffle or opinion like some of the other 'updates' i've seen about these developments - nicely done. I wasn't aware of the Knott's closures.

I think it's a real shame that so much of Disneyland park is closed to develop Star Wars, and worse - I find it very odd for them to develop virtually the opposite end of the park from the current SW attraction. I get that that is where the space is, but the realignment of the River, Island and Railway is making a big change to the original WED design of the park. It saddens me but i understand progress is progress, and hopefully this addition creates much more 'floorspace' in a park that has such high visitation.

My memory fails me - how do the current scheduled closures compare to those at the time of the 50th anniversary? I'm fairly certain many attractions were updated in time for the celebration, and many in fantasyland received a gold carriage... i know space went down for some time around there as well - is this better or worse than back then?