The rides at luna park!!

Richard, do you have any ideas or suggestions that might work well for Maloney's Corner? When you talk about replacing the portable rides with something more true to Luna Park, can you give any specifics? I heard that they originally planned to have another function/theater building attached to the back of Coney Island where the marquee in Maloney's Corner is currently standing. They apparantley decided to go with a more temporary building (hence the marquee) to test the area out first. So there is a good chance that a more permanent structure will take up some space to the back of Coney Island but I believe this would still leave most of Maloney's Corner available for other features. By the way, Maloney's Corner during most days of the school holidays IS just as crowded and noisy as the Royal Show. Seriously, I have walked through their some days and it has been absolutely packed

Richard, do you have any ideas or suggestions that might work well for Maloney's Corner? When you talk about replacing the portable rides with something more true to Luna Park, can you give any specifics? I heard that they originally planned to have another function/theater building attached to the back of Coney Island where the marquee in Maloney's Corner is currently standing. They apparantley decided to go with a more temporary building (hence the marquee) to test the area out first. So there is a good chance that a more permanent structure will take up some space to the back of Coney Island but I believe this would still leave most of Maloney's Corner available for other features. By the way, Maloney's Corner during most days of the school holidays IS just as crowded and noisy as the Royal Show. Seriously, I have walked through some days and it has been absolutely packed

i dont think luna park is allowed to touch the coney island building. The park is under strict laws that the coney island building, the big dipper building, the wild mouse, the ferris wheel, the carousel, the building along the side of the warf must not be touched or destroyed. However they cannot add to the building like more buildings. They are only allowed to renovate its original features or change the inside of the building. These buildings are under heritage listing sites. Thats why coney island cant be moved or destroyed or even the rides and features on the inside change as the paintings and features on the wall are historic to luna park and so are the rides.

You are right about those particular buildings and attractions being heritage listed Shifty, however you are wrong about them not being able to add an extension to Coney Island. I saw the plans with my own eyes. The extension is in actual fact a separate entity to Coney Island but it does jut out from the back of it. This would not interfere with any of the original Coney Island facade. On top of that, from what I could tell the building extension was mostly glass so you could see through to Coney. It was a rather odd design