Predictions for 2023

themagician

On 08/01/2023 at 11:13 PM, Noll_57 said:

If I was to make a guess as to what’s really going on with the monorail, I would say that Sea World fully intended to reopen it as soon as the construction of The New Atlantis was completed (as originally stated by the park). However, during the massive delays in construction, the monorail system degraded to a point where it became unusable and/or unsafe due to a lack of upkeep and the park has suddenly realized it will cost an awful lot to reactivate as a result. I’d say VRTP want to get it going again, but are finding it hard to justify given the costs, hence why it’s now seemingly in a limbo state. 

THIS IS NOT, IN ANY CAPACITY, MEANT TO BE TAKEN AS PROOF THAT THIS IS THE TRUTH, but that's pretty much what I was told from an employee when I asked 'em about it sometime before Levi opened, being that the trains were inoperable, the cost of maintaining them was too much, and management (VRTP) looked at getting new ones but the price wasn't acceptable. So, in the meantime, they're keeping the track standing, partially because there's no reason to remove it and the cost/effort of demolishing it isn't a necessary expenditure (not what the employee said), partially because they recognize the history of the attraction and wish to leave it up as an homage (what the employee said), and partially because they're still somewhat hopeful they can acquire trains and reopen in the future.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

On 13/1/2023 at 10:06 PM, Tricoart said:

So, in the meantime, they're keeping the track standing, partially because there's no reason to remove it and the cost/effort of demolishing it isn't a necessary expenditure (not what the employee said), partially because they recognize the history of the attraction and wish to leave it up as an homage (what the employee said)

Christ just rip it out, it’s not coming back, and it’s an eyesore to leave it, just another one of the million other eyesores in the park. Leaving old crap sitting there for years used to be a dreamworld thing.

Edited by Baconjack

I quite like being able to drive and walk underneath it even ifs it’s not operating. It’s just a little quirk. And as long as it’s there it brings back peoples good memories of it. and gives them hope it might be back one day even though it’s probably never gonna come back. It’s like an artefact or when places remove a part of history but leave a bit as a reminder.