Sign in to follow this  
Ian

death at stark raving mad (hoilday world)

4 posts in this topic

A female rider has died after falling out of The Raven apparently her lap bar was very high as the ride ops dont push them right down . This is sad news and be thankful next time you are at Dreamworld on Wipeout and when the bar comes down and you joke that you cant breath "thats and good thing" I have a couple of mates (Dan and Robb) who went to Hoilday world in santa cruz Indiana I hope this hasn't reck there trip special seeing this is Dan 1st trip to the great Stark Raving Mad annual event that the park holds each year. anyway check out the offical press release below http://www.holidayworld.com/

Holiday World is a family owned park, which explains the outstanding way the park has chosen to go with this incredible news. Your average corporate park would be up and running like nothing happened within 5 minutes of an ambulance leaving. Holiday World closed the park in respect, and chose to be so open about the whole incident. It's tragic news, and really does make you think twice about leaving the lapbar loose for the sake of airtime, and has cleared up the thought on some of the larger sites that enthusiast=invulnerable.

I do keep the lapbars a bit open in some coasters, thought I was crazy, but this is just stupid (sorry) And the park owners just allow this??? It has happend before on other coasters. So why do people still have to do this?