Universal Studios Hollywood - TR March 2023 (VIP Tour)

The VIP there is very popular - so I can see it selling out pretty regularly in the peak season (it was when I was there early spring break). I saw an entire birthday party with 15 adults and kids using it. 

It’s interesting they don’t skip the preshow with instructions for Mario, when the single rider line does. 

To note - single rider at the park is pretty rad. Transformers is always a walk on, Jurassic world is about a 5 min wait, Forbidden journey is usually walk on - the worst performing one is Mummy.  

12 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Thanks for this detailed break down. I’d always considered the vip tour to be a definite want when we get the chance to head over there, your review has confirmed to me it’s a must and to be just incorporated into the pre trip budget.

sounds like you all had a wow of a day! 

Honestly for the overseas travellers that have 1 day to spend in the park, it's a slam dunk no brainer - we felt so relaxed throughout this day - there was no rushing, and best of all no standing in line. It'd still be worth doing on quieter days - you'd just get more rides in with less crowds.

11 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

The VIP there is very popular - so I can see it selling out pretty regularly in the peak season (it was when I was there early spring break). I saw an entire birthday party with 15 adults and kids using it. 

It’s interesting they don’t skip the preshow with instructions for Mario, when the single rider line does. 

To note - single rider at the park is pretty rad. Transformers is always a walk on, Jurassic world is about a 5 min wait, Forbidden journey is usually walk on - the worst performing one is Mummy.  

The pricing I provided in my post was still offering VIP for friday (two days away). it was however sold out for Thursday (today) which is understandable, and bear in mind that's still in the midst of their spring break. 

As for Mario, Donna did ask if everyone had done the ride before, so it's possible we didn't skip it so that we all got the instructions on how to play, and she may have skipped it if we all knew what we were doing... I can only assume.

As for the single rider lines (if you use them) they are obviously a lot quicker - but the walkons you're referring to were certainly not the case on our visit. In some cases our group were lead down the single rider line as it was deemed a shorter line than the standard express lines, but we were still lead past a group of more than 50 people in some cases. Single Rider can pay off handsomely for the right attraction, but some rides just don't lend themselves well to single rider due to the nature of the ride vehicle.

Personally i'd rather visit a park with friends or family and enjoy the time together.