The dangers... again.

Bussy

Yes the chances of a full derailment is extremely low just look at what happened when a hat lands on the track. That caused 3 carriages to hit each other and cause some fairly serious injuries.
A bit late but nonetheless important I think. All the damage and injuries caused on the Mad Mouse incident were operator-caused. There were fundamental errors with the way they were operating the attraction which, if they were operating it correctly, would have resulted in no damage and no injuries.
I just re-read your comments Adam and if that is true then Disney obviously doesn't value the safety of the other riders.
I dare say that Disney has probably given the issue more thought than any of us here.

Very true Richard, very true.

Fair enough joz, but can anyone actually confirm whether it is infact the 'young-adult' ride op who allows cameras onto the ride; or is persmission needed from management?
Management can place a blanket rule in force, but if it is left up to an operator's discretion, then in the end each operator knows (and bussy will tell you) that it is the operator's decision, and responsibility for the safety of each and every person on the ride, and around the ride. An op can allow you to do anything they want within the blanket park rules, but if they goof and someone gets hurt - THEY are the ones responsible for the repercussions. ie: Shoulder bars on bounty's Harness locks on Demon Cage doors on Zodiac

• 6 months later...
I gotta stop bringing up old subjects I know, but when i went to SFMM last years, people were taking digital camera's on heaps of coasters with inversions, the ride op's didn't tell them to secure it and they said yeah its fine you can take it on.
I noticed that too, and was not questioned when I took my Handycam on most of the rides when I was in America. I think they have the mentality that the ride ops cant stop the public from filming on the rides. So just don't enforce the 'No loose objects' rule, unlike here in Australia. On the Rock n Rollercoaster at MGM I had my camera in my hand and my back pack at my feet, and neither of them moved during the ride.