The Demon

mickey_079

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the day after it happened I went up to the ride with the operations manager, maintenance manager and the OH&S manager and expained what had happened etc. I got to walk around and have a good look at the damage to the ride.
If my memory serves me correct the OH&S manager at the time was a lunatic Canadian

Yes the OH&S manager was the crazy Canadian, I don't remeber his name just that he was Canadian and crazy. The last couple of OH&S managers, who were also the park nurse, were much better than he was. I don't remember a red headed supervisor, my memory must be failing me. As for the operations supervisor who attended was S.M (male), S.F (S.P female), T.V (female, was actually training supervisor at that time I think), plus a couple of team leaders. All I can say is I'm glad Butter Bean wasn't the rides manager at the time. Looking to Daniel for a comment here. ;) "The Bus is now leaving for Canada Drop Down Creek, NSW"

Edited by Bussy

Sorry, I know this is from a while back in the topic.....

Wasn't it scenic railway? correct me because Im probobly wrong.
Forgive and forget right? I thoght Scenic Railway wasn't a coaster but just a train they used for mining coal or whatever back then. Ok, what was the second one because IMO SR doesn't count?
You're right, it was originally used to transport coal to the top of the mountain. The depression left the mine unprofitable so the owners converted it into a tourist attraction. The Mountain Devil was constructed in around 1933. You can see a replica of the MD at the bottom of the scenic railway. Orphan Rocker is the first roller coaster to be designed and built in Australia. Consequently, it perhaps holds the record for the longest ongoing construction period, which has been underway for around 20 years. It is also at Scenic World. http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/coaster.php?cid=24 Forum: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...?showtopic=2691 I coincidentally started the topic :D . Edited by Swanny

i think the scenic railway referred to at the start was actually the scenic railway at LPM, which I believe would be classified the oldest roller coaster in australia. I can't really call SR in SW Katoomba a rollercoaster. Bussy the name of the OHS manager was Dave, he was canadian, and last I heard he was custom building a touring coach to travel around the americas in (like a 5 axle luxury bus).

• 2 months later...