Sign in to follow this  
Johno

NEW WATER SLIDES!

29 posts in this topic

Look in my photos that I posted in the Album. Under - Construction. You will see in the pictures that there are new levels in the Beach's Tower underneath the Wave Slides going out towards the AquaTube.

Sorry to disappoint you Johno but those 'levels' you are talking about were merely scaffolding erected so the free fall and speed slides could be accessed and refurbished. The levels are now gone. NOW FOR MY OPINION ON THE BEACH UPGRADE: It's definitely a shame that there is no new attraction at The Beach this season. They really needed it as the queues can get quite long lining up for the few slides in summer. Even the Mountain Cascades seems to have officially closed as the sign has been painted over and the area closed off. They should have either fixed the cascades up or put something new in its place. It is a largish area right at the entrance to the waterpark which is now not being used. Also, regarding the upgrade of the tower and slides... I can't understand why they only repainted the speed and free fall slides as the Aqua Tube is looking old and slightly faded too. They should have given it a touch up at the same time. So overall I think it's a nicely themed and landscaped area but compared to other waterparks it really is very basic and certainly dated.

North, I was also at the park today. You may have seen me, I was carrying a camera bag (was it just me, or did it seem like every person I walked by, they laughed?). I have to agree with what you said about the upgrade to The Beach. Aqua Tube looks disgusting, it looks like someone vomited on certain areas of the tube. Maybe they will paint it before the official opening date (the 27th of September). ~Flea