Sign in to follow this  
ScReAMmachine!

World Expo '88

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, first let me congratulate the moderator on a great forum and website. I just wanted to ask what the fate of the three major rollercoasters from Expo 88 were. I remember the 'Titan' boomerang moved to Wonderland as the 'Demon' But what happened to the 'Supernova' and the other one? I think it was Centerpede or something like that... i thought the inverted coaster was awesome... Are either of the latter two still operational??? Thanks.

Thanks for your kind comments. These forums continue to improve thanks to the support of the growing number of members. Both Supernova (the indoor coaster) and Centrifuge (the suspended coaster) were bought and moved (opening in 1994) to a park in Thailand, known as Dream World. They're both still operating. The story behind Titan/Demon is quite interesting. After Expo 88, Luna Park Melbourne had essentially secured Titan as a replacement for Big Dipper for 1990. This somehow allowed the State Government to overrule the St Kilda Coucil's decision to not allow the demolition of the delapidated classic coaster. So the ride was razed, and next thing we knew, for some reason Melbourne couldn't get Titan, and they were left with nothing (replacing it shortly with the wonder that is the Galaxy). The then Australia's Wonderland picked up Titan in around 1992 and that's what we've got today.

does anyone have pictures of expo 88, cos rainbow was there!!! then soon after wittingslow bought it, along with the other huss rides, and now O'NEILL SHOWS own it, woohoo, loks like Australia will have the Rainbow for many years to come :D