Other viable locations for water parks to open in Aus?

Gazza

I don't think I can agree to that.

The Werribee Safari World, and WnWS proposals are both completely unrelated. VRTP saw an opportunity at Werribee and they made an offer... they were rebuffed, so they nixed the idea. They didn't immediately launch into a proposal at Sydney (which was land they already owned) for a completely different park concept (wet vs. animals). WnWS has been in planning a lot longer than the ground has been broken - i'm talking years. I remember when I first saw the initial plans would have been at least 3 or more years ago... and being totally unrelated to the project - seeing the plans as an outsider means they'd been in development for a lot longer than that.

They recently opened WnW Las Vegas - are you going to tell me that they built WnWLV after the Victorian Government rebuffed their safari world idea? I don't think so... the two are unrelated - so stop pushing it.

It's simple - The victorian government don't give a rats about theme park entertainment - except for whats already there that they have no choice in due to heritage listing.

QLD and NSW recognise the value of these big operators - and welcome them with open arms.

VIC will get a theme park when the victorians stop whinging that they haven't got one. You've got lots of things to claim as unique - mainly sports - so your government obviously believes sport is where it's worth the investment and simple as that. Stop lobbying the operators and start lobbying the politicians.