Sea World closed today

Okay, without offending any SW fans allow  me to explain some points.

Ross, the GM, had mentioned that they had to use their back up power once during this season when the local grid had issues. We’ve been watching these substations, or whatever they are, expand throughout the park these last ten years.

The five rides was a reference to a particular area of the park that has nowhere near 5 rides now (needless to say we weren’t fishing for info on AW’s power supply). Where once they couldn’t expand until they fixed their power problems, now they are ready for future expansion.

Here's the link to when Adventure World did their last lot of distribution boards..

https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/7275-goliath-adventure-world’s-new-intamin-gyro-swing/?page=13

IMG_8717.JPG

Edited by iwerks
more information
  • Like 2

I recall the upgraded supply lines and distros being discussed, which is only natural for a park expanding beyond it's original specs - it makes perfect sense.

I'm still keen to learn more about what makes up their backup power, and just how much of the park this system is capable of running off grid, or how much they can feed back to the grid...