Speed Limited Rides (Go Karts/Toboggans etc.)

TBoy

Something I have noticed that has happened with rides like Toboggans and Go Karts at many parks in out country. The parks have speed limited them so you can’t go racing down the hill at maximum speed without brakes etc on a toboggan, or go very fast on a go kart. I personally don’t like how this has happened, as it takes away the fun aspect of the ride. Let’s take a look at some examples:

First, let’s go to Funfields in Whittlesea which has many waterslides and rides for people to enjoy. Some of the rides they have are go karts and a toboggan track that goes down the hill. I went in February with 3 others and went on the toboggan. Even know I was going fast, it felt like I was going very slow, which is because the toboggans were apparently speed limited. I didn’t go on the go karts, but I was looking at them and Dad noticed they were going slow.

Next, we will go to Adventure World in Perth that is very similar to Funfields, although they don’t have a toboggan. One of the rides they have are go karts. I haven’t actually been yet but I have heard they were also speed-limited like the ones at Funfields which makes them much less unenjoyable. 

Personally, I hate the idea of speed limiting attractions of rides where people can control their own speed. Back before it used to be really fun where you could go down a hill really fast on a toboggan, but now they are speed-limited so you can only go up to a certain speed. IMO I would rather a warning where the park states they would not pay for people hurting themselves by going too fast, rather than ruining it for the thrill seekers. My dad also agrees with me and hates that rides are speed-limited so much the fun is taken away.

What do you think?

• Like 1