Everyone's favourite ride?

ronald_104

My favourite ride to operate was Bounty's. Always had fun when operating it.
Are you friggen nuts? :eek: As for Zodiac, the ****head stopped and stranded 20 or so. After about 10 mins Mr and Mrs Ul Haq start screaming out, 'my baby is dying, my baby is dying get us down right now!' Sure thing dolts. I'll just fire up Go Go Gadget legs... KNOBS! Diesel engine was rooted too. So they were up there for donkeys and it was about 400 degrees. Such a shame...

I would have done these if I was in the situation. 1. If I was a stranded, I would take time to look at the surrounds, and take it all in. And relax. Think about it, how many times are you going to be able to do that in your lifetime? 2. If I was down the bottom, I would have gone to talk to the ride op. And watch how they fixed the problem. 1000 Posts for me now.

Are you friggen nuts? :eek: Not at all :) I worked at Wonderland (now this is going to date me) from 1985 to 1989. Back then there were three staff ... operator, loader and unloader. We used follow a roster where we would rotate positions every hour moving through all positions in our "location". I used work on the dodgems, Sea Deamon and Bounty's. The last time I went to Wonderland, about a year before it closed, I was amazed at how much they had cut back on the staffing compared to when I worked there :eek:

The last time I went to Wonderland, about a year before it closed, I was amazed at how much they had cut back on the staffing compared to when I worked there :eek:
Didn't they what Kumba! Most noticeably with Snowy. There was even talk of a brain dead idiot trying to work out how they could get away with one person down there. Then someone fell in the drink and they decided it probably wasn't best... The cameras were insufficient and they're lucky no one died or was seriously injured! I didn't mind Bounty's I guess. I hated it when I was there and dreaded every shift I got the Bounty's/Zodiac swap (probably because of Zodiac). When I left I actually realised I did have some fun at Bounty's. Usually **** stirring and putting crap on idiots! The best part was you got 3 minutes to do bugger all. I know a few people that worked at Wally World during the same early period. ****, maybe you're one of them! :eek: As usual anything to save a buck, even when it did compromise the golden rule in a theme park, SAFETY! We were pushing **** up a hill to get 2 people on Demon and Probe. Anymore than that, it was a SPECIAL day! Ah well, who cares? Welcome Kumba old son! (gal?)

As usual anything to save a buck, even when it did compromise the golden rule in a theme park, SAFETY! We were pushing **** up a hill to get 2 people on Demon and Probe. Anymore than that, it was a SPECIAL day! Ah well, who cares? Welcome Kumba old son! (gal?)
Man, they certainly did compromise safety in the end. Back in my days there were even three staff on the dodgems. Much like BR loader, unloader and operator. Hated working the dodgems, if you started your shift as operator you were stuck there for three hours before moving to the next ride, usually the Sea Demon. The kids would never listen when you told not to run on the track and constantly trip over :mad: Thanks for the welcome Daniel ... and definately a boy (Adam) :D

2. If I was down the bottom, I would have gone to talk to the ride op. And watch how they fixed the problem.
Just what the operator needed while the ride was charlie’d.
The kids would never listen when you told not to run on the track and constantly trip over
I would give them one warning and after that I showed them the exit. I usually enjoyed operating Bounty's it was great fun listening to the screams of people as the lap bars locked in. Ahh the memories. But like Dan the only problem was that it was on a rotation with Zodiac. "The Bus is now leaving for Charlie Gooch Tank, South Australia"