Sign in to follow this  
joz

Wet 'n' Wild this winter

8 posts in this topic

There's alot happening at Wet 'n' Wild over the winter, just try and get your head around all these:

Wet’n’Wild Water World is about to begin Stage One of a massive $20 million expansion plan, that will see some amazing and innovative new attractions introduced to the park from September this year. To make way for this huge development, Mammoth Plunge will be closed from 26 April. Buccaneer Bay and Double Screamer will be closed from 3 May, and Whirlpool Hot Springs will not open this winter. Calypso Beach and Whirlpool are seasonal attractions and will also be closed during the winter period from 26 April. Due to these closures, Wet’n’Wild Water World will open a temporary cool kid’s area called Kokomo Cove, specially for the winter season. Kokomo Cove will be the place to relax or hang out with the kids in the shallow warm water pool, heated above 30 balmy degrees or hit the activity area for fun children’s games, entertainment and interaction.
Interesting to see no Whirlpool Springs, which was responsible for a big boost to attendance over last winter, and Mammoth Plunge is closing in preparation for its long awaited move across the Coast. Nice to see a some compensation for guests this winter with the temporary kid's area, should be well worth a look.

Maby part of this Stage One upgrade will be to resurface all of the footpaths for next season? I think I have seen some parks in the US (in the offseason) that has this 'squishy' surfacing on all the paths, and I believe that this surface does not absorb (spelling?) much heat. Note: I have not heard this from any sources, this is just my thoughts on one of the things that they will do in the upgrade, this is NOT even a rumer yet. Please dont start spreading that this WILL be part of the upgrade.

I don't like Wet N Wild as it hurts my feet.Also when the sun is burning the ground is so hot i can't stand it.
maybe u shld just wear thongs or something of the kind?