What About...

jcgoldcoast

Well if they are going to offer test phase rides to randomly picked out park patrons lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, why not offer it in a not so random manner to the people who support and talk up the parks here and who would truly appreciate the experience - not unlike AP previews at Disney-speaking of which does Movieworld offer ride previews/special events to annual pass holders?
As far as randomly picking out park patrons, the idea behind this is to get a true responce from someone who does not have a preceived idea of the ride and what to expect from it. If the park was to offer test phase rides to a web community like us, it would not be a instant responce, but one based on what we might have expected the ride to be like before we rode the ride. But that is just my own thoughts so you never know what might happen in the future.

Well it's sort of good being able to say that you were on the very first cycle of Australia's very first decent coaster :P
Unless you work at the park you will never have that honour. Park staff are ALWAYS the first to ride and most of the time it will be maintenance during the testing phase when they probably shouldn't be riding due to safety reasons. "The Bus is now leaving for Honour Gardens, NSW"

Unless you work at the park you will never have that honour.  Park staff are ALWAYS the first to ride and most of the time it will be maintenance during the testing phase when they probably shouldn't be riding due to safety reasons."
Yeah my thoughts exactly. I mean we all heard about the staff preview night that DW had fro claw. And that was before the rove night and all that. Also note the construction worker in one of the videos richard has on here who was riding way before anyone else got the chance. I do think this idea has some credit tho. Ive thought for a long time that members of sites like this should at least be offered discounts on park entry or something. Even like if we had access to a preview night I mean after all we give so much free advertising by word of mouth and for anyone that just happens to pass the site by there is plenty of free stuff to look up. I think it at least deserves some sort of recognition. I suppose however that would depend on rc.com's relationship with actual parks. Hey richard wernt you invited to the claw preview by DW? I mean they obviously know we exist and all that. Are there any prospects for future negotiation with parks? even if it was like offers made for us to go to parks as a group on a planned trip once or twice a year

Even like if we had access to a preview night I mean after all we give so much free advertising by word of mouth and for anyone that just happens to pass the site by there is plenty of free advertising to look up. I think it at least deserves some sort of recognition.
Unless it was Wonderland and only ever got bad publicity on here... :rolleyes: