Is DWWP going to have what it takes?

GoGoBoy

I found a site showing the construction of a master blaster/rocket slide at an awesome looking waterpark overseas. I sure hope DWWP ends up looking something like this. Anyway, the pics show some shots of the initial footers etc. and I was wondering if any of you think anything looks familiar compared to the construction at Dreamworld? Some of those footer placements look sorta similar to the arrangements going on at Dreamworld but I'm not sure. What do some of the more engineering-minded people think? One thing I know for sure a master blaster/rocket slide would be one hell of a way to convince the general public that DWWP has got something wet 'n' wild doesn't. Plus I'll be terribly disappointed if they don't get one. Anyway, the site is http://www.coaster-net.com/rg/typhoonsfne.php

Thats what I was thinking too, since on some Proslide slides they use poured concrete tubes, but at other times they use timber supports or normal steel tubes so it might not be . There seems to be no real pattern to it. I even with AWL there isnt always consistency, like the supports on Mammoth are a lattice, but on Terror Canyon plain steel poles are used. Though one thing i did notice was the starting tubs that are now on site are dual entry, but AWL normally uses in inline type one. Well just have to wait and see, but to tell you the truth, i dont really care who its from, just as long as they are good. Also, GoBoi, the link you posted is not a Master Blaster.

Edited by Gazza

Thats what I was thinking too, since on some Proslide slides they use poured concrete tubes, but at other times they use timber supports or normal steel tubes so it might not be . There seems to be no real pattern to it. I even with AWL there isnt always consistency, like the supports on Mammoth are a lattice, but on Terror Canyon plain steel poles are used. Though one thing i did notice was the starting tubs that are now on site are dual entry, but AWL normally uses in inline type one. Well just have to wait and see, but to tell you the truth, i dont really care who its from, just as long as they are good. Also, GoBoi, the link you posted is not a Master Blaster.
I am aware of that which is why I said Master Blaster/ROCKET SLIDE. I realise it is a Rocket Slide from Pro Slide. More people have heard of a Master Blaster though so in a sense it's more generic which is why I used that term. Master Blasters are from NBGS International and purely rely on water jets to propel riders uphill. Rocket Slides are from Pro Slide and I believe use a combination of both water jets and conveyer belts. Zip Coasters are from White Water West and use high speed conveyer belts. Anyway - let's hope we get one of them

I think the conveyor belts are bad it would be much better with the water blasting you up.

Dunno, im just guessing remember, maybe it belongs to another slide.
Yeh it might be another slide going over it and that thing you drew was really good.

I have been researching the various parks designed and constructed by Water Technology inc (the company which is supposedly designing Dreamworld Waterpark) and I have been getting more and more concerned. While it appears they build quite good indoor parks, their outdoor parks don't look so great. As an example check out the rather average Wildwater Kingdom which they designed/constructed at http://www.dorneyonline.com/attractions.php?type=wwk You can click on the attraction names to see photos. The slides are really quite ugly and basic. They are just very standard flumes and tube slides which drop down into pools. You will notice that the supports around Cyclone look very similar to their slide and tower arrangements (particularly Jumpin' Jack Splash and Wildwater Rapids). Something about the design looks so 1980's to me. When you compare this to an awesome park like Six Flags New England Hurricane Harbor (mostly designed by ProSlide) you can see what I'm talking about. While it appears Water Technology inc. has been associated with some big name waterparks, most of this involvement was BEFORE the parks recent refurbishments and overhauls to bring them into line with current standards. All I can say is if Dreamworld thinks "new generation" attractions are a bunch of Water Technology inc. 1980's crapppy flume slides then they are going to be way off the mark. Food for thought

Edited by GoBoi

Nah, Water Technology is just a water park designer, they dont make actual slides, also I wouldnt assume too much from the support design because its just an industry standard, just take a look at Sidewinders at WnW, they use the same support type. Also, i dont think Dorney had the same theming company that did the claw, that will change things a bit definitley....

Edited by Gazza

Nah, Water Technology is just a water park designer, they dont make actual slides, also I wouldnt assume too much from the support design because its just an industry standard, just take a look at Sidewinders at WnW, they use the same support type. Also, i dont think Dorney had the same theming company that did the claw, that will change things a bit definitley....
Fair points there... though I think Water Technology inc. would use the same waterslide manafacturer for most of their projects. And by the looks of their products - they manafacture rather cheap and nasty generic slides. Ofcourse time will tell but so far I have seen no evidence of a great waterpark in the making

If everyone stopped trying to guess and speculate at what is going to be in the park, on the day it opens I'm sure they'll be pleasantly surprised at the variety and quality of the rides and attractions. You have to remember this is Australia and our market place is much smaller and the fact they are using market leaders in design means that they should produce a quality park for Australian standards. And I'm sure the park will even be world class if they're using Proslide rides.

Exactly, Its a theme park site, half the fun is speculating and whingeing. Plus, whats this bull about "Australian standards", are you saying we should put up with sub par attractions because of our locations. But anyway, Australian standards are pretty good now (with some of the recent stuff done by WVTP proving this).