What direction is Dreamworld heading in?

GoGoBoy

Wonderland is sadly gone for ever, it was so far beyond repair, and with no market for it in Sydney, there was not enough money running through the place to generate, capital for new rides and attractions.
I can see that you fell for the Wonderland propaganda created by its previous owners Sunway. The park certainly was not beyond repair and despite what Sunway would have you believe, the park continued to receive significant attendance levels, even though no capital expenditure had been invested in the park for the number of years that Sunway owned it. You need to understand that Sunway had $$$ in their eyes and knew they could make a lot more money quickly by selling the land and would not have to invest anything. They had no attachment to Wonderland. To say that there is no market for a theme park in Sydney is wrong. You only have to look at the huge numbers of families during school holidays, school groups mid week and teenagers on fri and sat nites that pour into Luna Park Sydney despite the fact that the park offers very little in the way of decent rides and doesn't even have a major rollercoaster anymore. There is a definite market for it in Sydney. I know that this has been a bit off topic but I think it's important to clear this up

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems to me from the comments that Dreamworld is trying to distance themselves as much as possible from the WVTP notion of "theme parks" which are just that - separate, self-contained theme parks.
I think that WVTP is smart in this way as they can focus their energies on bringing in different groups of people, a good way to make money. I'd say that DW are not bringing out any major rides at the moment because (just a theory) if a new, exciting ride were launched at DW now, it would overshadow Whitewater World, possibly reducing either the attraction at DW or Whitewater World itself, to a footnote.

Swanny, That's a good thoery. However, DW would want to do something soon or DW will fall further behind in the Australian amusement industry (not like it isn't already). I still stick with my idea of 'pulling' people away from Ocean Parade. DW really needs to make guests 'explore' other areas of the park. Such as Rocky Hollow, which sadly.. Has one ride! And last time we travelled up to QLD, The ride op told me I was the only on to ride it in 20 minutes.