jjuttp

Adventura Water Park Resort's Construction

4 posts in this topic

Just got bored on the internet (yeah i din't think that it was possible either) and then decided to go through the parkz relese things (eg. kamakaze now open at wnw) and then came across the Adventura Water Park one and considering that it was ast year and bought in 05 i was just wondering wheater or not somthing has or had even happend yet-ANYTHING.

No nothing has happened yet. It is still going through the council approval stages yet. I think I read somewhere that when the proposal for Wet'n'Wild Sunshine coast came from WVTP that the council was weighing up between the two and I really hope Wet'n'wild gets the vote. Adventura is more of a resort/ caravan park with the waterpark bit being only a small focus of the whole project to my understanding and will feature more recreational facilties such as golf.

According to the Courier Mail today this park has also now been put on the scrap heap. the Consortium is claiming the finacial crisis and in turn is selling the land off, supposedly for $10 Million. What a sad end to a great opportunity for the Sunshine Coast.

Just heard from a friend in the industry, the water park might still have life in it. He runs his own electrical buisness and is quoting on a new water park north of Brisbane. Not sure if this is the same park but will be trying to get a hold of him next week to find out more information. Will let you know as soon as I do. Will try to get a copy of the plans as long as it does not breach any contracts he may have in place at the moment.