Australian Outback Spectacular - High Country Legends ending soon

Jamberoo Fan

So?

I provided an image already that demonstrates how a 3 storey building of that size would fit within the confines of the current carpark... Hell if you curve it even further to represent that like the other sites, it would be narrower.

Ignore Alexandria. Ignore  Las Vegas. They're a good indication of design and layout but this doesn't have to be identical. it doesn't have to be as long or as wide or as high as the others. Its their first venture in Australia. They aren't going to build the biggest behemoth ever until they test the waters. I don't see them getting the patronage that foreign versions will get. At the MW property, It's an add-on. A convenient way to offer another experience on property, rather than a destination.

I'm satisfied this will be - for want of a better term - 'top golf lite' while they work out how the Australian market will take to the concept - before they 'go big' by creating a destination site.

23 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I did remember that but decided to go with the overall building size in case we misinterpreted this sentence:

Either way, when you look at the image I posted, most of TopGolf Alexandria's building takes up that site anyway so we are both roughly correct anyway:

TopGolf.jpg.9ebf7ba911f151a7f669ed64d8e8

I decided to go take a look for myself. I think your scale is off.

Attached is a nearmap image, with scale. Overlaid on this is topgolf Alexandria. You will see I have left the scale in from Topgolf. Unfortunately I don't have Nearmap access to the USA, so i've had to pull it off Google (but as you will see, the nearmap image is also using Google imagery), so i'm confident the scales are relatively on point.

I haven't cut it out as fancy as you as i'm working with microsoft products on an office computer, but i'm confident the scales are as closely matched as I can get them, and you will see not only that your scale is off, but also that my scale has TG positioned well within the markers we've been discussing, including the building sitting nicely within the carpark width.

alexandria.png

50 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I think your scale is off.

I haven't cut it out as fancy as you as i'm working with microsoft products on an office computer

It must have been the Google Earth scale I used. I ensured both images were the exact same scale. Your overlay looks more accurate and makes more sense.

And to overlay them, I used Paint - nothing fancy though I ensured accuracy by cutting it precisely.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• 5 weeks later...

unnamed.gif

Salute To The Light Horse Opens 15 November

For a limited time only, one of Australia's most stirring true stories is reborn when Australian Outback Spectacular commemorates the centenary of the ANZACS and the heroes of the legendary Australian Light Horse. Introducing Salute to the Light Horse - High Country Special. 

With edge of your seat live arena action and more drama than ever before, Salute to the Light Horse is more than a night out - it's an experience steeped in courage, tradition and daring Australian spirit.

Edited by reanimated35