Sign in to follow this  
scott

Giant Drop East

8 posts in this topic

I always thought they were the same height, unless you are talking about those brakes on the east side which give that "double drop" so one track has a bit less of a drop. I would imagine east would give a better view because it looks out toward the sea.

Okay, here's apparently the situation. Both sides have always gone up to the same height, to say one is higher is like saying one of the Space Probe gondolas go higher than the others. Now, from what I know with the double-dropping system with the east side is that it now longer does that but instead of causing too much hassle, the actual brakes are still up there, just behind the track so there is no interaction. I think more than anything we should be concerned about the west-side as it they are having a lot of mechanical problems with the engine (presumably, as no-one is allowed to give specific information about exactly what is happening) which is causing it to slow down sooner compared to the east side and making life just plain difficult. Possibly even something to do with the sensories, but I don't know that much.