Sign in to follow this  
Ian

construction

7 posts in this topic

construction has began on scooby doo shop at exit of ride, will feature ride photos as well. the camera will be where the 2 swinging axes are .

I think the camera should be built in a different location, since it won't really capture people's 'terror' so to speak. Maybe on the backwards drop would be more appropriate. But it would be funny to see people ducking for cover from the axes :) Btw, does this mean Scooby Doo will close for a short period of time? Or will they do construction in off-hours? ~Flea

I would think having it in the actual coaster section wouldn't be too effective - a flash going off every 20 seconds would ruin the effects considerably. I was pretty amazed at the fact that they had no shop for Scooby-Doo, or any overpriced merchandise for the ride when it first opened. Any idea as to where the shop is going specifically? As you walk out the exit, to the left is the maintenance area, which has a transfer track straight down the middle, and obviously to the right is the "Spooky Castle Courtyard". the only easy way I can see would be to somehow put an extension on the building (tackiness alert!).

was pretty amazed at the fact that they had no shop for Scooby-Doo' date=' or any overpriced merchandise for the ride when it first opened.quote'] That was one of the two things that really surprised me about Scooby: No Pre-show, and no shop. Personally, so long as its not like, Batman, Wild West & Lethal Weapon's shops where you have to walk through the shops to exit, and more like Bermuda's where you can view your photo without having to walk through the shop, then I think its a good thing. After all, on-ride photos are kinda fun. :)

you will have to walk thur shop which IMO is good because tourist equal money and money equals me having a job and new attractions in the future. it will be on the other side of the exit, not where the transfer track is. and reason for camera being at ghost train part of ride is cameras always needing adjusting ect so it is much easy to run down the side of the track and fix, than put on a harness climb up to the wild mouse part in the dark.

which IMO is good because tourist equal money and money equals me having a job
Well thats always true, opening a new shop can't be a bad sign as far as jobs go, and with the massive down turn in international tourists, anything to make the parks more profitable can only be a good thing.