Sydney Royal Easter Show

supersimpsons

Aw how sweet, regardless. Nebuchanezzars 2005 Easter Show Review Pictures shall be here on Monday, if I can find a scanner. Overall, the day kinda sucked. It was raining, then it was misty raining, then it rained, and as soon as we were finished at the carnival, it came out sunny. It was set out nicely as it always is, with everything set up in a way so that you can't get lost, and the carnival was a bit more cramped than normal (more on that later). Following, are individual ride reviews in order of favouritism, or how much I enjoyed each this year. Hard Rock - This was easily the biggest stand out ride this year, with almost a full load every single time it went, even when it was raining. Nice long rides, and it was very brightly lit up, so it was the first ride everyone saw. It was also at the front of the carnival (in front of the Rainbow),so it was hard to miss. Easily the best ride of the day, the carnival folk were friendly, and gave a nice long ride. 10/10 Rainbow Still not my favourite ride yet, but a great one none the less. The sun looked different (and somehow bigger) than last year, and it looked pretty nice. I heard something about a light pole being snapped off on the Rainbow, but everything was in one piece. The lights were fully functional (I didn't see any on the face though), and it looked great when the sun was setting. It was also shinyer than normal when the sun did come out. I rode this one twice in the day, once at the front, once at the back. The front gives a better ride I reckon. It was long, fast and great fun, easily a 9.5/10 Twin Flip- HOLY CRAP! This is one damn intense ride and a half. They start by spinning the whole ride around a helluva lot, and god damn, it made my face go to one side it was spinning that fast (it was worse than the Super-Sizzler). You then seem to get a break when it begins to flip upside down but it ends up more intense than the Claw. I hate to say it, but this ride is better than the Claw in basically every way except what it looks like, It just looks a little bit silly, it reminded me of the KMG Experience, but the Experience looks a whole lot better. Intense, fast, a lot of upside down-ness, this gets a 9/10 Zipper- Whoa, the ride operator for this ride is a total ass. You see, it was raining, and the Claw guy had just told me to wait 10 minutes or so while they test the ride, so I went to the Zipper and asked the fella out the front if this ride was working or not. He responded with a friendly "If it wasn't do you think I'd be standing out here, stupid f**kwit. Well hey, at least I'm not a carny, asshole. Anyway, this ride was too short, it went for about the same time as all the other rides I went on during the day, but it was still too short. As a certain carnival ride officianado once said "the best part is when you flip over the sides", well god damn, that is correct. That is the best bit. The most we flipped was only 3 times, which was a little dissapointing, but we were stuck upside down at one point for a while. A great ride, spoiled only by the ass working on it. 7.5/10 Claw No! I don'y know how to say this, but this ride seemed kinda average this year. Don't get me wrong, it was still fast and intense, but compared to the Hard Rock and Twin Flip, this was just kinda...really average. It still looks great when you're watching it though, and it has a special place in my ride...heart, so it's still my favourite ride. 7/10 Unfortunately, due to rain, and lack of want, I didn't ride any others yesterday. I skipped on the ones I had ridden in previous years that I couldn't be bothered riding again (Chaos, Thunderbolt, Hurricane, CliffHanger, Super Sizzler, Ranger [which I really wanted to ride]), but everything was in fine working order for the most part of the day. The Techno Jump looked okay, the Ranger was in full swing, the Energy Storm looked pretty crap and cheap, mega-drop sucks, and the rest of them were normal. A good day anyway. If you have any questions just ask. Pictures hopefully some time next week. :D

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recieved 2 photos today of Rainbow from a friend, and its good to see that O'Neills fixed the light pole ( it wasnt snapped, as the poles are removeable, it was just the day I was there in 2004, the light fell out of the flowers, so they took it out. The rays on the face have been re-painted, with 1 ropelight on each ray (Wittingslow had it much nicer with the swirls of ropelights on each ray). It does look as if they have repainted the booms nice and white again, bad to see they have painted the sides of the Hub, purple! YUK! Shame to hear about Zipper Neb, at rye it was giving insane, long rides. Like I mentioned, we flipped over about 10 times in a row, it was THAT intense! still my second fave ride. Shame about the rain, it looks as if this weekend is going to be nice... aww well Hope you get your photos put on CD neb, would love to see them. Chris

I went to the show the other day. The Haunted Mansion truly is crap. The Roller Ghoster is definitely better. The artwork out the front no longer has a picture of Regan but a giant picture of Pennywise the clown from IT instead (very freaky). The ride was possibly a little short though. I remember a few years back there were some really good ghost trains at the show... and certainly more variety than there is now. Does anyone know if these trains are still around and maybe just in other parts of the country? I remember there was one particularly good ghost train which looked a bit like the Haunted Mansion from the outside. Inside, it was just so much better though and longer too. Rather than the crappy lift hill the Haunted Mansion has, it had an elevator which took the train straight up in the dark (kind of like Scooby at MW). I'd love to know what happened to it

Is that a comment about my review, or about the ongoing discussions on the roller-ghoster etc. I also forgot to add that the rides are a lot more packed in this year. For instance, the Rainbow and Breakdance were missing each other by that much (imagine a small distance between your index finger and your thumb), same with the Megamix and the Twin Flip, right next each other they were.

went to the show today and it was packed!!! The zipper is crazy but as long as you don't have someone constantly rocking the cage then it will be fine. I also went on this ride but i can't remember it's name i was located next to the zipper and it's also crazy. You feel like your going to fall out when it turns you upside down. Then we went on the Sizzler and that's fun but the bigger person has to be squashed and maybe taste some of you hair!!! :P the ferris wheel is romantic but cold and the think with the force is crazy but cool. my legs hurt from walking around but it was a pretty fun day.

What do you mean the Zipper is fine as long as you don't have someone who is constantly rocking the cage? Thats crazy, next time I go on it I'm gonna be rocking the cage all night long, it'll make the ride ten times better. The thing next to the Zipper? That'd either be the Megamix or the Claw. Never rode the Megamix but when you ride the Claw it doesn't exactly feel like you're going to fall out, rather, it feels like you're going to be thrown out very violently. Man I love that ride. Sounds like you had a good time, even though you went on Good Friday (bad mistake if you ask me) As for where the Rainbow is, I love it in that position, although I kinda wish it was facing the rest of the carnival somehow. The fact that it's sitting smack bang at the front of the main entrance to the carnival is great though, and it always manages to pull me in for a ride.

lol as for rocking the cage....when Shorts operate the ride at full speed, there really is no need, because of the amount of flips you are getting... it really is a great experience! Also yeah I agree with the position of the Rainbow, it is good that its at the front of the midway, and allowing great shots from the wheel.... but it would be great seeing it near the back, so you could have awesome views of the midway.... I remember when Rainbow was smack in the middle of the midway here in Melbourne in 2002, it was amazing, gave great views of the rides and the showgrounds, was a good balance with the ferris wheel being outside the carnival area chris

Well, here is the low down on the show from me. 1. Good Friday, NEVER go. 2. Roller-ghoster equals CRAP. 3. Spinning Mouse equals cool. 4. HUGE linws everywhere. 5. Wouldn't let us in for the Fireworks or any pre-show stuff in the main arena. Aparently stadiums where at capacity, even though the non members stand was half full. 6. Was like sheep trying to move around. Overall a good experience. Loved the show, loved the LPS cake, and the fruit displays. Expect some some still shots, and a video soon.