Does Movieworld run 2 trains on DC Rivals on weekends?

paulobrien95

3 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Rival's queue was pretty much up to the split in the queue - and they were still running one train. 

The queue for backwards (at $30+ each?) was 15 cycles long, and the dispatch time was about 5 mins per train.. so the wait was well over an hour. 

I really hope the other train is broken.. but again there's not really an excuse when the rides down for a month now.

I'll just add this here too because I don't want to reserruct another thread - but Superman ops were really bad too... 4-6 min cycles. The same person securing the train was doing the grouping... so the train completed the unload, rolled into the load station empty - THEN it got grouped. There were also a few seats on the trains that were running.. so I reckon it was running at 270rph when the theoretical output is 820rph.. about 1/3rd.   At least the aircon is better in the (really boring) queue

You think that’s bad? You should’ve seen how horrible LPM’s operations were on Saturday. Some rides like the Pharaoh's Curse had 10-minute dispatches and the staff didn’t seem to care. Another rule they made was the “weight balance” so many seats weren’t even used on the rides.

On the Scenic Railway they were also horrible. First up, it was only running 1 train, slowing down the ops. The same person who did the loading also did the grouping, at least they got you grouped before the ride came to the station. Dispatches were also 5-6 minutes, making around 1 cycle every 10 minutes. I reckon the ride was actually only running at around 120 pph. One of the people I was with thought the operations there were some of they worst they saw.

6 hours ago, TBoy said:

You think that’s bad? You should’ve seen how horrible LPM’s operations were on Saturday. Some rides like the Pharaoh's Curse had 10-minute dispatches and the staff didn’t seem to care. Another rule they made was the “weight balance” so many seats weren’t even used on the rides.

On the Scenic Railway they were also horrible. First up, it was only running 1 train, slowing down the ops. The same person who did the loading also did the grouping, at least they got you grouped before the ride came to the station. Dispatches were also 5-6 minutes, making around 1 cycle every 10 minutes. I reckon the ride was actually only running at around 120 pph. One of the people I was with thought the operations there were some of they worst they saw.

Scenic Railway will only ever run 1 train, it hasn't ran with more than one in many many years due to the fact that it's all manually operated. Most rides do need to be weight balanced though, so that's also not out of the ordinary.

14 hours ago, Spotty said:

Scenic Railway will only ever run 1 train, it hasn't ran with more than one in many many years due to the fact that it's all manually operated. Most rides do need to be weight balanced though, so that's also not out of the ordinary.

Last I heard they were still working with authorities on a suitable compromise to allow them to return to multi train ops without compromising the design of the coaster. Either way I think multi train is going to require them to install some block brakes and i'm not sure they'll want to do that.

If a ride has X number of seats, it should be able to operate with all those seats filled. Weight balancing should only be an issue if there are empty seats on a cycle, and even then, it should only be to have specific seats empty to balance - (ie - not have everyone on one side)

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

and even then, it should only be to have specific seats empty to balance

On the Power Surge 2 seats were off-limits due to an issue. It seems they decided to not let people on the other side (even know it wasn't taped off) and not let anyone on one of the other gondolas to balance the weight. It made it so 2 out of the 6 gonolas were not used, slowing down the ops. I feel like they could of had me and my sister on one half of a gondola, and the couple on one of the others, with 4 seats out instead of 8.

On the Pharohs Curse however, all the seats were in operation, however they made single riders sit by themselves. They wanted to balance the number of people in each ship so instead of making more people sit with the single riders, they made it so that if there were 15 people in one car, there would be 15 in the other, so there would be empty seats in the other car as well. Not to mention the 10-minute dispatch that also slowed down the ops.

The ferris wheel however had no seats roped off but the people in my group waiting had to wait 4 cycles as most of the 2-people gondolas were mainly 1x adult and 1x child, whereas they were 2x adults, not balancing out the weight. 

Most other rides had no weight balance but single riders sat by themselves, not with others which made the people per hour less. At most other parks they would get 2 strangers to sit with each other in a row to max out the capacity, such as the other VIC parks and GC parks. I feel like it could be to reduce the weight pushing on the track etc. but they should be trying to get many people on as possible, especially due to the horrible operations.

Edited by TBoy

On 25/4/2023 at 8:31 AM, Dean Barnett said:

backwards (at $30+ each?

Wow that is a shame. I feel like that’s a little dumb to be so high. I get they want to make it a premium experience but wouldn’t having say $10 a ride and almost every train full in the backwards seats actually end up making them more money then $30 with the odd person in backwards.

On 25/4/2023 at 8:31 AM, Dean Barnett said:

The same person securing the train was doing the grouping.

I think that is just part of the understaffed problem that everywhere has at the moment.

Edited by REGIE