Movieworld holiday crowd strategies

REGIE

Hey everyone.  Thought I should make a thread for everyone wondering, what the best days are to go to the parks in the holidays. I know it’s best to avoid them all together, but for everyone who can only go in the hoildays, What’s most likely going to be the best days to go to MW through the June/July school hoilday’s?  

also what’s everyone’s different strategy to get on the most rides when it’s busy?    I have one for the other parks but I don’t have one for MW.

Edited by REGIE

During our Easter visit last year, we had a seven day pass. Each day we rope dropped Rivals and then either waited once for another ride like Superman or Lantern. After those two rides we left and went to either Dreamworld or Seaworld depending on our mood, it was far too busy for us to hang around all day, seeing as though the wait times never really went down.

For comparison when we were at Magic Kingdom last year, most of the rides' wait times dropped to about half around lunch time (after the rope drop rush) and were practically empty after the fireworks, that didn't really occur at any time at our parks; they were consistently busy from open to close. I don't know if recent holiday periods have been as busy, as there was quite a lot of Covid "revenge travelling" happening last Easter, but my experience back then has taught me that MW simply doesn't cope well with the number of guests in holiday periods and is best avoided if at all possible.

The other option is to stump-up for Fast Track if you are time limited, but again you need to be at the front of the queue at park opening to have a chance at snagging one.

My idea is to get there early and rope-drop Rivals and book VQ for Superman before you get on, which will save you a lot of time. Then VQ WWF and ride something like Batwing, JL or Doomsday and then VQ Road Runner (if you want to ride) and do the other flats you haven't done yet.

• Like 3

• Richard changed the title to Movieworld holiday crowd strategies

Queues aren’t too bad today considering this is peak time too 12:00 is when times spike. I know this isn’t completely accurate but it’s close.  Dooms day only has 15 minute wait. That’s surprising.  Wild West falls has not opened.

822E5AE8-84F2-4F1B-B4B9-4226F865CA4B.jpeg

Edited by REGIE

On 24/06/2023 at 7:32 AM, REGIE said:

Yeah VQ has never worked for me. Not sure what I do wrong. It just always says “error” or something similar 

I had this problem for ages and no staff could fix it or showed any interest in trying.

Finally one cast member told me to delete the app and reinstall it, and it worked - so maybe try that.

The app also recently had a major update, so ensure you are running the latest version, failing that if it is an account based issue such as your ticket/pass not having a Virtual Que entitlement the best place to seek support is the ride photo booth. That is where they have access to App data/account information.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2023 at 7:32 AM, REGIE said:

Yeah VQ has never worked for me. Not sure what I do wrong. It just always says “error” or something similar 

I had this problem with my passes...one of the guest services people advised signing out and signing in to your account again...has worked for me every time...generally have to do it once every time I'm at the parks.

Hit the little person icon top right and right at the bottom of that page hit sign out..then sign in again.

I got my first front row ride on superman escape yesterday.  I finally understand all the hype behind SE now!! Wow it’s incredible!!!  Definitely best in the front.  My last ride on superman made me like green lantern more than SE.  But it has definitely redeemed itself.  Every element is spectacular.  Only thing is it’s so short. That’s the only reason I still prefer DCR. 

1 minute ago, REGIE said:

I got my first front row ride on superman escape yesterday.  I finally understand all the hype behind SE now!! Wow it’s incredible!!!  Definitely best in the front.  My last ride on superman made me like green lantern more than SE.  But it has definitely redeemed itself.  Every element is spectacular.  Only thing is it’s so short. That’s the only reason I still prefer DCR. 

Great to hear. 

Question: How was your day, and how much rides did you end up on?

3 minutes ago, REGIE said:

What?

29 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Great to hear. 

Question: How was your day, and how much rides did you end up on?

It was crazy busy.  Went on DCR first. Then Walked over to superman but it broke down 20 min in the queue, and they told us to come back in an hour. So went back to DCR. So we wasted a lot of time there. DCR was 145 minute wait.  2 train operations.  After that it was already 2 pm. (Got there 10:30). Had lunch, Went back to superman. It broke down again but we stuck it out. Got my front row ride which was incredible.  By then it was 3:30.  Went on GL after that then DCR, and finished on GL. Only just got there in time.  So 6 rides all up. Wasted a lot of time but 6 rides isn’t bad for how busy it was. Could barely walk around the park without running into someone.  Our strategy for the last 3 rides was, while some of us were in a queue. one person we were with didn’t want to ride. So they would wait in another rides queue. So as soon as we got off one ride. we would join the other person in the next queue. and they would duck out and do it again.

28 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

What

Sorry my bad. I worded it wrong. Let me try again.   Last time I went on SE. which was a year ago now. I didn’t like SE as much as I like green lantern for some reason.   But now, on my latest ride. SE was running better and I got front row. So I think it’s way way better than GL now. Only under DCR because of length.  So overall ratting is 

#1 DCR  #2 is a Tie between SE, leviathan and ST.

I still Gotta try all the backwards/spinning seats. I haven’t done any of them yet.

Edited by REGIE

9 hours ago, Spotty said:

So effectively queue jumping then?

No.  Not at all.  We still waited the full amount but just not all of us at once.. People duck out to get water and come back. Saw a few people just take a seat out side the queue then come back in to their mates at the end. all the time it’s just that same thing.. our group still waited the full queue.. I probably just didn’t explain it well.

the lines died down at 20 pm. GL was about 20 min and DCR 60 min.  Dooms days opened at lunch time and was still only going half way up.   

Edited by REGIE

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

No.  Not at all.  We still waited the full amount but just not all of us at once.. People duck out to get water and come back. Saw a few people just take a seat out side the queue then come back in to their mates at the end. all the time it’s just that same thing.. our group still waited the full queue.. I probably just didn’t explain it well.

No, you didn't. Justify it to yourself however you want but you still jumped the queue. Unless you're all there when your party joins the queue, you queue jumped.

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

the lines died down at 20 pm. GL was about 20 min and DCR 60 min.  Dooms days opened at lunch time and was still only going half way up.   

That is 100% queue jumping. You’re making the line longer than it is for people behind you and breaking park rules at the same time. 

I stand by my comment, and I would have happily yeeted your whole group to the back of the line. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, REGIE said:

Our strategy for the last 3 rides was, while some of us were in a queue. one person we were with didn’t want to ride. So they would wait in another rides queue. So as soon as we got off one ride. we would join the other person in the next queue. and they would duck out and do it again.

That “strategy” is straight up queue jumping and why queues jump up from estimated wait time. I’d understand if it’s a parent taking their kid to the bathroom or go grab a drink in a long line, but to purposefully skip the queue is akin to those morons who go and stand in a vacant car space waiting for their friend to arrive with the car 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

akin to those morons who go and stand in a vacant car space waiting for their friend to arrive with the car 

Ahh… hmm. I may do that too. Whoops.

Seriously though we won’t do it anymore.   

one thing I forgot to mention is there was a awesome light show on at park closing time in Main Street. It looks super cool.  

Edited by REGIE