Sea World Helicopters reopens

I certainly didn't expect them to reopen so soon, I wouldn't feel comfortable flying with them presently.

The prelimanary ATSB report notes the following improvements.

Safety action
The operator reported that it intended to address elements of aircraft visibility and aids to traffic detection. This included:
• high visibility paint on rotor blades
• additional strobe lighting on helicopters
• introduction of helipad controllers who can provide traffic advice to pilots
• use of live radar data displayed on an iPad in the cockpit.

Worth noting the footer on the website has been updated to distance themselves from VRTP.

Old

970988491_ScreenShot2023-04-05at7_20_33am.thumb.png.90865a602737358fe3ff9809d61d707a.png

New
99764148_ScreenShot2023-04-05at7_20_42am.thumb.png.99e37d43d7c72c3ea5902690040437cd.png

Edited by Park Addict 93

On 05/04/2023 at 7:28 AM, Park Addict 93 said:

I certainly didn't expect them to reopen so soon, I wouldn't feel comfortable flying with them presently.

The prelimanary ATSB report notes the following improvements.

You'd think they would at least announce they have made all of the recommended changes. Those changes would likely be a mandatory requirement before flights can resume but it would still be nice to see them acknowledge the changes.

• Like 1

Yeah you would think so.  I definitely feel more comfortable now flying with them as they will naturally be more aware and safety conscious.  Past accidents don’t mean, present things are dangerous. Usually it means the opposite.  There’s some instances when it’s not the case but generally you’re safer doing something after an accident has occurred *and the company learned from their mistakes* at least when it comes to stuff like this.    

Edited by REGIE