Aussie World New Attraction?

Spotty

14 minutes ago, New display name said:

This is the list of rides AW had in the pipeline.  Things might have changed.

Honestly, most of those rides I would now hope Aussie World doesn’t get. We already have several star flyers around, and with Ballroom Blitz I feel as though it’s not really needed. 

I also feel as though an Air Race isn’t the best idea with Serpent Slayer as well. The Aerobat doesn’t seem like a bad fit for the park however, the classic Enterprise rides are one of my faves so would be interesting to see how this compares. Although I think I’d rather a Zamperla Endeavour over this just for consistency in the ride cycle. 

A decent drop tower wouldn’t be bad either, but wouldn’t be my priority though. Will be curious to see what it ends up being 

Edited by Spotty
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Honestly, most of those rides I would now hope Aussie World doesn’t get. We already have several star flyers around, and with Ballroom Blitz I feel as though it’s not really needed. 

I also feel as though an Air Race isn’t the best idea with Serpent Slayer as well.

But Aussie World is on the Sunshine Coast, yes it is within driving distance of the GC parks, but it's still far enough away that I don't think it matters if there are double ups on attractions. I think any of those rides are a good choice for the park, but I think the AirRace would be the best option (creates another thrill ride and family ride)

36 minutes ago, themagician said:

But Aussie World is on the Sunshine Coast, yes it is within driving distance of the GC parks, but it's still far enough away that I don't think it matters if there are double ups on attractions. I think any of those rides are a good choice for the park, but I think the AirRace would be the best option (creates another thrill ride and family ride)

I guess it depends if they decide to go the two cycle mode like Dreamworld did or not. I’m not saying it’s a bad choice by any means, it just wouldn’t have been my first choice for a ride at the park. It is good to see the park expanding though. Hopefully in the future we may see a thrill coaster on a similar scale to what Luna Park did with Big Dipper just to really make it stand out, especially with the olympics coming up in 9 years it’s the perfect time to expand and I think the park knows it.

46 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Going off the assumption that their previous plans haven’t changed yet, the positioning of the construction behind their slides, and the ‘flying’ prompt, it could be an Aerobat.IMG_4743.thumb.png.513d97742f02adb72e2122cfc03c8fdc.png

I'm not sure if the slab matches the profile, but if it is an Aerobat i think it would be a good fit for the park given their other attraction mix. It also fits the cryptic social media description perfectly.

Currently the Aussie World Big Wheel is stated as closed on the website and from reports has been removed from the skyline of the park. Lets just hope that its down for a major refurb/maintenance. I feel that if it was not going to return then this would be reflected on the website and also the park map, which still shows it as being in place.

From the ride list above, I would hope that the Aerobat is the ride being installed. This would be an Australian first for this type of ride and gives Aussie World another unique offering. 

I do agree with @DaptoFunlandGuy though the orientation of the slab that has been teased does not look like it will accommodate this type of ride. In that sense, it certaily doesnt look like a StarFlyer's orientation as well, so we may very well be seeing something completely unexepected.

I echo the calls for a Zamperla Nebulaz - this ride would be an Australian first, a great family thrill ride and perfect for Aussie World with a small footprint- and one that would fit in that area extremely well!

However, I would love for them ( or any Australian Park really ) to install a Zamperla Gryphon. These are now gaining popularity and have 2 installations currently with one at Kennywood and the other at Playland in the US. They certainly look fantastic , bringing lots of kinectic energy to any midway. They are reported to be not overly intense and would make another great option as a family thrill ride, which is this park's main demographic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jobe said:

I echo the calls for a Zamperla Nebulaz - this ride would be an Australian first, a great family thrill ride and perfect for Aussie World with a small footprint- and one that would fit in that area extremely well!

However, I would love for them ( or any Australian Park really ) to install a Zamperla Gryphon.

Both would be great additions for Aussie World and hope for the parks lineup they add one (or why not both) of these.

I have also throught that the Zamperla Nebulaz would be a good ride for DWs lineup. Add to Ocean Parade or if there's land leftover, Rivertown.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 10:53 AM, Jobe said:

Playland in the US

Did you mean playland Canada? Because that ride in the video looks like the one at Vancouver . When I went a few months ago I saw it. It looks super smooth and the lights were cool, I didn’t ride it because I ran out of time but it was cool.

On 5/10/2023 at 10:36 AM, Spotty said:

Aussie World have just posted this on their Facebook page. New attraction coming soon?

IMG_4908.jpeg

Flying coaster confirmed.

Edited by REGIE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, REGIE said:

Seems like it could be a thrill ride with its position in the park?  I wonder..

Did you read any of the previous replies that have gone into great detail over the slab size and shape, and their previous master planned attractions, and the location based on that master plan?

Or did you just look at this one previous reply and chip in your 2 cents for the sake of making a reply?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...