Aussie World Announcement

The list of the new proposed rides Aussie World have a current MCU on.

3. Drop Tower.

4. Air Race.

5. Windstarz.

6. Starfly.

7. Aerobat.

Aussie World lodged a minor change to the MCU at the start of the month which was to swap the location of Starfly with Aerobat.  Besides the swapping of rides nothing suggest AW has changed on what future rides they are installing in the park.

Something I picked up on. (but could be a coincidence) The order of the rides shown on the MCU is how Aussie World have installed them to date.  1 & 2 where 1. Typhoon 360, 2. Crazy mouse.  

image.thumb.png.d0d023b877de5a7d0f316fd8b43f74fe.png

Location of future rides -

image.thumb.png.b46702b143c75c7690163143b840543b.png

Edited by New display name

I mean it’s still fairly significant for Aussie world. Not everything can be ground up RMC hypers.  A drop tower would be fun at AW. Air race and areobat look interesting too.  I am surprised they are investing in new rides so soon. And thril rides! Hopefully it’s like hairraiser at Luna park but taller!

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

I mean it’s still fairly significant for Aussie world. Not everything can be ground up RMC hypers.  A drop tower would be fun at AW. Air race and areobat look interesting too.  I am surprised they are investing in new rides so soon. And thril rides! Hopefully it’s like hairraiser at Luna park but taller!

That wasn't the news, it was assumed that the news would be an official announcement/information regarding those rides, as they were already known to be in the plans for Aussie World. The news itself was their rewards program.

Edited by Tricoart

I'm still hanging on to that Aussie World B&M Giga!

A rewards program is cool for the Aussie World frequents, I guess.

Did the park really need to have some sort of build up for it? They probably could have just dropped it and it would have had the same reaction. But to play devils advocate in my own post, how meta of me, the build up under the hope of something big is really why any of us are talking about it here. 

Also, to the over-speculating point. Aren't the point of these forums is to discuss? Speculation seems to be a significant part of theme park discussion. The park knew what they were doing by trying to generate some hype, it's not people's fault for hoping for something more special.

12 hours ago, Prequel said:

Also, to the over-speculating point. Aren't the point of these forums is to discuss? Speculation seems to be a significant part of theme park discussion. The park knew what they were doing by trying to generate some hype, it's not people's fault for hoping for something more special.

Indeed. I love a good speculative take as much as the next person. My point is that people shouldn't act disappointed when they over-hype things for themselves. I don't fault the park for using social media to drum up some hype, even for an announcement as low-key as this. Any engagement on those platforms—positive, negative or otherwise—is good for them.

7 hours ago, REGIE said:

Village did the same and we thought it was an announcement for a new ride.  

Yes, that was for the in-app ordering at foot outlets, if I'm remembering right? Yet that was nothing like the campaign they did for the Oz announcement. The hype that generated was proportionate. The Aussie World post was significantly low-key by comparison.

13 hours ago, Prequel said:

I'm still hanging on to that Aussie World B&M Giga!

I know we often treat B&M as a pie-in-the-sky idea, but is there really some unattainable premium on those rides that Intamin and Mack don't have already?

6 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

I know we often treat B&M as a pie-in-the-sky idea, but is there really some unattainable premium on those rides that Intamin and Mack don't have already?

It's been said on here before that B&M have been looked into but didn't fit the bill for what the parks wanted. Price wasn't the issue.

41 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

Indeed. I love a good speculative take as much as the next person. My point is that people shouldn't act disappointed when they over-hype things for themselves. I don't fault the park for using social media to drum up some hype, even for an announcement as low-key as this. Any engagement on those platforms—positive, negative or otherwise—is good for them.

You don't have to worry yourself with it.  It wasn't, I'm going to jump off a bridge kind of disappointment.

Edited by New display name
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, REGIE said:

I am surprised dreamworld doesn’t have an app yet. 

They used to have one, probably 10 years ago. But it wasn’t anything special and didn’t provide much information you couldn’t get on the website. VRTP also had one around that time, and provided much the same type of info. It wasn’t until post COVID, where they found a way to push/force guests to get it and is much more useful.

The Dreamworld one was great for the car park feature because it wasn't tied to the park and at the time i believe it was the only find my car app you didn't have to pay for.

Rest of the app was as useful as the online store that they had where you could buy Jack Daniels lights to sit above your pool table.