The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

Just now, Flynn_Smith said:

Really clutching at straws there with the “first ride within a ride in the southern hemisphere” remark…

They’re not wrong, but really? 😅

That made me cringe more than it should have... also, APRIL next year?! Talk about missing the mark, I'd have wanted to get it up and running ASAP especially given the movie release.

Concept art, looks to be the same style of theming as DCR/GL

48151A66-A7D3-476B-BB80-7F28397DEB3B.thumb.jpeg.cd4e9f1b7aa48f71a426925c07113ecc.jpeg

Park description:

📣 NEW RIDE ANNOUNCEMENT! 📣
Prepare for The Flash: Speed Force, the first ride-within-a-ride in the Southern Hemisphere, coming to #movieworldaus, April 2024!
⚡Reach speeds up to 70km/h on this 30-metre-high attraction, twisting and spinning along a 67-metre-long half-pipe track!
⚡Join The Flash in a thrilling battle against his arch-nemesis, The Reverse-Flash. Get ready for the ultimate speedster showdown!
Edited by TBoy

My thoughts:

The theming looks much better than I thought it would, and I also like the colour scheme of the ride. The only pet peeve I have with it is that it doesn’t match up with Superman and is a whole different theme. 

And unfortunate timing with April 2024, as it is well past the movie release date. Also unfortunate that this is the second ride based after a movie that flopped big time (Green Lantern)

“the first ride-within-a-ride in the Southern Hemisphere” Oh god, not again. Can’t wait to see when the new Village Hotel opens “The only hotel in the world themed to Village Roadshow”

Another reason could maybe be the long testing process. IIRC Intamin was testing Big Dipper III for 16 weeks at LPS, so lets say Flash was open on April 1. The ride would need to have testing begin by mid-December, and installation would need to be before that.

Edited by TBoy

Let’s see, this ride within a ride idea, does this mean Luna Park Melbourne doesn’t exist? Luna Park even has a coaster within a roller coaster. If you wanted to get technical, the Vikings Revenge used to travel through the ride path of many rides, Bermuda, Storm, heck, you could consider the 3d theatre as being “a ride within a ride”. 

• Like 1

I like the colour scheme, the theming is more than I was expecting, but unfortunately will align with their other coasters and their theming (the statues are a nice touch). The opening date was very much a surprise, I was expecting an opening of this December at the very latest. Maybe there’s an issue with the second half of track we have’t yet seen. Based on this concept artwork, I’m also confused how you’ll enter the ride, because it seems like you’ll approach it from the left side of the Superman Escape signage (path would be the red line)
IMG_6616.thumb.jpeg.8442a9792d751e7ee786eb26dfe943e2.jpeg

Zooming in on the concept artwork, it looks like the ride will have the new restraint system

IMG_6617.thumb.jpeg.2ba1fc2665902cbc361e7aa8b646ce7e.jpeg
And they also show this on the ride type image too

IMG_6618.thumb.jpeg.129590a3c003556c8fb9b9a5ca5a14ea.jpeg

I’m thinking they want to have Superman down as little as possible which is why the opening date isn’t until April 2024, plus shipping for a new train (if this is the case.) I’m also thinking the red line in the above post will be the entry to the ride, i do hope if this is the case the area reconnects with Superman’s plaza, otherwise it’ll just be a dead end. Besides that, the ride really does look a lot better then i was imaging it would look, i can’t wait to see how this turns out.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

Based on this concept artwork, I’m also confused how you’ll enter the ride, because it seems like you’ll approach it from the left side of the Superman Escape signage (path would be the red line)

Entry is to the left of the SE tophat (between that and Batwing). Exit path is where the vehicle access gate is to the helix, so exiting guests will return to the Superman plaza.

A bit disappointing - as the choke point that is the walkway underneath Superman's launch is going to see a lot of extra traffic from Flash riders running back to their group \ re-rides.

45 minutes ago, Rivals said:

I’m thinking they want to have Superman down as little as possible which is why the opening date isn’t until April 2024

I'm pretty sure it's been settled that the whole reason this is going in here is because of the scooby downtime. They've got winter off-season for the next few months, if I were them i'd be busting it to get it open before christmas, even if it meant Superman had to go down for a bit to do it.

Christmas at Movie World without Scooby, plus this thing sitting in the Superman Courtyard not operating - it's gonna be a bad time.

No, for me, the only reason why it might be blown out this far is potentially because they've run into an issue they didn't anticipate, or they've had to involve the manufacturer  in something and they're unable to attend the site sooner. 

The ride-in-a-ride claim is total bullshit - as has been pointed out, both Luna Parks offer an install that would take that claim first. It's a complete head scratcher, but we all know our parks have to have their "first" in the "world \ southern hemisphere" claims - even if they are absolute garbage.

7 hours ago, TBoy said:

Another reason could maybe be the long testing process. IIRC Intamin was testing Big Dipper III for 16 weeks at LPS, so lets say Flash was open on April 1. The ride would need to have testing begin by mid-December, and installation would need to be before that.

Given someone’s pointed out the fact the restraints are getting changed the process of commissioning may take slightly longer than expected as opposed to a simple relocation?

If this is taking this long to open (considering it was supposed to come here as a capacity boost for peak season yet it’s opening in April) I’m going to say the sea world thing is just a yarn.

Also the theming is a massive step backwards but did we seriously expect more? I don’t think we were getting something on the level of Atlantis/Oz here.

”Ride within a ride” I guess Luna Park Melbourne doesn’t exist then? This makes absolutely no sense

Edited by Baconjack

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Zooming in on the concept artwork, it looks like the ride will have the new restraint system

image.jpeg.c64117fb348b4d7334d96b65e5225fda.jpeg

I initially thought the same, as I can’t discern any OTSR’s on the yellow side, but they may be vaguely viewable on the red side. And, even if I’m misinterpreting the restraints on the red side, they still don’t quite match with the new restraint system, let alone the new train design. Note the difference in restraint colour, shape, etc. between the 2 designs, the exposed steel structure underneath the seats, the rounded edges of the board, and the large, black LSM assembly underneath.

IMG_2113.thumb.png.c97880b39eb9ed3c6ba754f3b23a90d2.pngThen again, it’s just concept art, it could mean nothing.

Edited by Tricoart

9 months does seem like a long time

But if they are getting a new car that would make sense cause supply chain on that sort of thing is still messed up the world over

They had a lot of complaints over making conservative announcements for leviathan and then the dates blowing out so maybe they are being cautious this time

The Hot Tomato article says this:

“We are working closely with our partners at Warner Bros. Discovery Global Themed Entertainment to integrate the ride theming with Superman Escape to encompass both rides and tell an incredible story around two integral members of the Justice League.”

Could we possibly see some changes to Superman to intergrate the new ride? For example it could be The Flash and Reverse-Flash are fighting at such a high speed, causing a massive earthquake to reach Metropolis, causing the story of Superman saving the stuck train as normal.