TV show has a scene in LPS early 1950's features big dipper, etc!

zoggyno1

OMG!!! My mum just called me from my bedroom saying Luna Park Sydeny is on TV! It was on a tv show called 'Poor mans Orange. (Episode 3) It showed all of Luna Park Sydney in the early 50s and also showed onride footage of the wooden big dipper, and the river caves! (Thats all i saw.) The park overall looked sooo much better and didnt look as cheaply finished! This scene was on for around 3mins! But it was worth it! P.S. It is on Fox Digital, but if you have Foxtel or Austar there is some free digital viewing for 8days only! So you may be able to see the show!

I can think of three shows/movies that featured Luna Park. A movie called the Summer of the Seventeenth Doll was made at LPS in the late 50's. It is still available at the video show because the ''play'' is still a HSC Englisg text. Also, an pisode of Skippy the Bus Kangaroo was filmed at Luna Park in the sixties, it is black and white though. Lastly, The Saint in Australia was filmed at Luna Park after it had closed the second time and the face had been removed. There is heaps of footage of Luna Park in this movie.