Sign in to follow this  
Jaggie

False alarm wonderland will not get the thunderbolt!

5 posts in this topic

I emailed DW last night and wonderland are not buying the thunderbolt here is a bit of their repsonse "I can confirm the Thunderbolt is not moving to Australia's Wonderland. However it will be dismantled in the near future to make way for new attractions." damn

Well we shall have to wait and see which is true I guess. I must say I'm not sure whether I'm glad or not if its not coming. I would much prefer something new at WL but on the other hand it would be cool to see what they do with it.

Does anyone think that Wonderland would really want to buy the Thunderbolt? To me it just doesn't make sense Why would you want to buy your competitors old crap rollercoaster when they are only going to replace with soemthing heaps better anyway. Wonderland are just going to fall behind. Anyway only time will tell Shaun

Well if I was owner of an amusement park and if a coaster from another park became available I would purchase it if it was available for a reasonable price. Another factor is the cost for the relocation, implementation and upgrade of the ride. I would be more than happy to introduce it to a new generation... The way that I see it is that if a park wants to loose a coaster that could possibly be repaired or restored to its former glory they really have no respect for the general park visiting public. As you can see from these forums a lot of people get attached to their parks and the rides that are within them. Wonderland which is my home park does not really care what's going on at the moment. If people want to visit a theme park these days they are actually traveling to Qld to visit Dreamworld, Movie World... etc. If Wonderland was to add another ride, possibly do some advertising about it they might just bring a few more people in to the park. Personally I have seen a park go from highs to new lows where they have painted the buildings in a terror themed section of the park (Transylvania) bright colours which can only be described as totally gay. If Wonderland had bought Thunderbolt they could have had a great ride... Ah well... Someday they might ad something new (whether it be new or used)... coasterfreak

I personally would be honoured to buy the ThunderBolt... that is, if i had the money to buy it firstly and then to repair it, add theming, replace the trains, paint the track, buy new track (stupid rust) the list goes on....