New/Changed Theming

ads086

Oval projection? Wow in all my years with moving mirrors that's never been an issue to me :P Main reason for a moving head is that any fixture with the same lamp is always going to be around 30% brighter solely because there isn't a mirror in the way. At the end of the day, none of the major moving light companies currently produce a professional series moving mirror - the output and extra range movement has really won over speed.

Sorry to bump away from the train of thought, but I thought I'd contribute. I usually wear glasses, so when I go on something like Superman I honestly cannot see anything anyway. I always thought that the blue thing was an '8' when he says "eight seconds till cave in" or whatever. The first time I actually went on the ride I could see the tremor effects, etc in the subway and all that, but when we reached the launch track, the best thing was being able to vividly hear Superman. I know this is probably a strange time to talk about catering to difference, etc but I think you get the idea. Also, a few weeks back I went on Scooby Doo and they had left a big bright light on at the bit where you do the final dip. I *really* ruined it. LOL. Still, scooby doo is one of the best coasters around in terms of theming. I hope they put some of the old effects back in.

Well nev, it depends on your projection angle. A few conferences that I have done in the past were quite restrictive in terms of using moving mirrors. The biggest problem we experienced were because the mirrors couldnt be fixed above the banquet tables, and had to be mounted on the side of the room. The tables on the sides of the room were fine, but to pinspot the tables in the centre of the room gave quite an acute angle, and the "circle" of the light was quite oval shaped. For night clubs and such, the shape distortion doesn't matter, but when a gobo, or special effect is required, the distortion you get from an acute angle can ruin the desired result.

Well nev, it depends on your projection angle. A few conferences that I have done in the past were quite restrictive in terms of using moving mirrors. The biggest problem we experienced were because the mirrors couldnt be fixed above the banquet tables, and had to be mounted on the side of the room. The tables on the sides of the room were fine, but to pinspot the tables in the centre of the room gave quite an acute angle, and the "circle" of the light was quite oval shaped. For night clubs and such, the shape distortion doesn't matter, but when a gobo, or special effect is required, the distortion you get from an acute angle can ruin the desired result.
I'm aware of the basics of projection, but there's no difference between a moving head or a moving mirror in this situation.

Sorry I hadn't replied any earlier, I've been away and haven't had a chance to get on here. One thing I failed to mention was the after the first hairpin turn on Scooby Doo after the turntable, there was fog machines working there that either weren't there before or I'd never noticed. The air blast at your ankles is a small tube sticking out of the wall, as you turn a corner before you get to the police car/cab area. I don't know if the whole train feels it or just those sitting on the side closest to the loading doors, but sitting on that side three times I felt it. And just one other thing - a flash of blue light that rushes past the train - like it matters if its done with a moving head or a mirror. You only see it for what.. 1 second?? And if its really bright outside, you often don't see it at all. Just a thought.....