RCT2

SteveT

Hi, Have any of you tried making a dreamworld park in RCT2? Many of the rides would be replicatable - the Cyclone can be done (I did a ride from memory tonight thats a pretty good cyclone - just my memory of it in the middle is vague) My memory of the thunderbolt is worse :) Anyhow RCT2 comes with a heap of american parks. Dreamworld wouldn't be to hard to do (Except I lack the patience to do it) Perhaps if some are interested we could have a little challenge see who can do the best dreamworld replication. Just my idea :)

Hey! I was just thinking of that the other day. I recently got RCT2 and its great. I am propably going to have a crack at designing dreamworld on it.(during the school holidays, not now though with exams and all) Do you know of a save game for rct2 that gives u heaps of money, all the rides and a park full of flat land. I had one for rct1.... is there one for rct2? -Dan

Make your own - simply design a scenario which has cash disabled. (Though you lose the make dreamworld profitable part then). But you get to make sure every Dreamworld type ride is available. I reacon put a 3d cinema with a building over it for the imax. If someone does movieworld Leathal Weapon is already done - a Six flags version of the Vekoma SLC is in the game.

I did an RCT (AA or LL, can't remember when exactly I did it with respect to the release timeline) version of Dreamworld long ago. With RCT2, I've notived many aspects that would make it much more do-able. I'm going to start on something like that within the next few weeks if I'm really bored (and finish this damn Gravity Gardens scenario). Cyclone is somewhat easy to remplicate, I'm a bit disapointed though that the banked fan-turns aren't available with the Corkscrew style coaster, which makes the first two turns much easier to make. Thunderbolt is just plain hard to replicate in the game - and I've tried several times. Eureka Mountain will prove a lot easier to do now that there are load/unload stations (though Dreamworld almost never uses their proper unload station outside of the summer holidays). Movie World will come next - rides like Wild West Falls (formerly Wild Wild West) will be most fun to try and get working right. The SLC that comes with the game is almost perfect for Movie World. Just add a helix at the very end, and I'd put banking at the top of the camel-back to make it reflect the real thing. Scooby-Doo would seem easy enough. If we get enough people talking about RCT and whatnot, maybe I'll create a Game forum for this sort of stuff.

For leathal weapon you'll have to rebuild it piece by piece based on the six flags SLC as they don't let you edit them. Scooby Doo has the problem of no lelevator lift on the in game rides. (And no reverser on wild mouse I believe). Wild West falls - has a problem in no 90% reversers - and the flume drop is not very step. Can you post your RCT1 dreamworld on here?

TOT is like the easiest thing ever to do :) Except to do a giant drop its hard. Because they set the capacity at 8 per car in RCT2 for TOT I reacon its better to build a twin TOT track MM style - setting the capacity at 16 (1 off 15). And then cause its 2 wide - build 2 drop ride towers that have an 8 rider capacity on either side of the tower (The TOT towers should be elevated off the ground) Then you have 2 8 seat giant drops and 16 seats worth of TOT. Set some delay between each launch and you have a good simulation that looks funny:) If only the topspin held 40...