disney Everest roller coaster

Guest jake-train

Guest jake-train
;) Ok well last night my brother and I were on youtube watching some videos of rollercoaster's and than we came a long with the: Disney Everest RollerCoaster than we were watching it and what i just don't get is that in the video it shows u going up the the lift hill thing with the cain than u go throw the mountain for like 2 seconds or somthing than you go up this hill where the track is like all rip up and yeah so thay lock on the brakes than you go rolling backwords throw the mountain but it seems that you go throw the mountain thing longer than you came throw so you like must change tracks because than you watch a video of some big foot guy. And yeah so were do you end up going when you start to roll back. So could some one plz help me with this on how it works? :blink: Edited by jake-train

There was a sweet documentary on discovery sometime last year that showed you how it all worked. Hey gazza when you went to florida did you ride it? I noticed when I rode it how you get very light headed when going backwards and you hit the banked turn, I wasn't the only one to experience this however, I overheard other riders saying the same thing when they got off the ride. Did you experience this at all?

I definitely noticed the lightheadedness as you go backwards up the first banked turn. The rides definitely impressive but to tell you the truth, I kind of found it a little disappointing. Other than that one bit of the ride, the rest feels really slow, and whilst I don't mind that for a Disney ride, other rides have the detail to overcome it. This ride looks fantastic from a distance, but is kind of basic inside and doesn't offer a lot in the way of exceptional theming whilst on it (other than the 5 seconds of Yeti time). Don't get me wrong, I still liked it, but Animal Kingdom is my second favourite park behind Tokyo Disney Sea, as I love just about everything in there (other then Chester and Hesters Dinorama), so it was just sad because I wanted it to be so much better! Just my humble opinion though. Mickey C

Yeah the programme was great. I didn't make any money out of it (had to pay for the airfares, and then spent my $6.70 as fast as I earnt it) but the experience was awesome. Disney is a great company to work for, you really feel like you're cared for - everybody is so friendly, especially the co-ordinators and managers! Being a cast member was great - free entry into the parks, 40% discount off almost all merchandise, could go backstage at any of the parks (the utilidors are so cool), could even use my ID to get Fastpasses lol. Any questions about it just ask. Anybody here in university should consider going on the programme one summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Expedition Everest rocked! It is one of the most nicely themed rollercoasters I have even seen! Not to mention the ride is actually half decent. I went in Jan 07 for about 2 weeks with the family, which was Disneys quiet period. Think the most we waited for EE was about 30min, rode it countless number of times, and never got sick of it. Kali River Rapids was really nice too. 100x times better than Dreamworlds version - Kali is actually themed! You go through mist and ooooahhhhh its so nice! Oh, and dont even get me started on Kilimanjaro Safari's! Absolutley brilliant! *honk* *honk* "Jumbo everyone, welcome to Kilimanjaro Safari's, wave goodbye, you see them in 2 weeks" *driver floors truck* Animal Kingdom is truely one of the great theme parks! I enjoyed it so much I cant wait to go back!

Edited by Harrop