Sign in to follow this  
ads086

Splash Cash

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys Just wondering if anybody knows whether or not I can use a VRTP gift card to purchase Splash Cash. Also, is it possible to purchase the QLD VIP pass using a gift card, or is it credit card only thing? Thanks!

I just had a look at http://myfun.com.au/upload/Document/GiftCards_TC.pdf Condition 2 states:

2. The Card can be used for the purchase of merchandise or services (exceptions apply) at selected outlets in-park, front gate and the contact centre but are not redeemable for cash nor can you obtain any cash advance using the Card.
I think the part which say "exceptions apply" might be a catch all that might extend to things like splash cash, plus I think splash cash constitutes a "cash advance".

You can however purchase a VIP pass using the gift card either at the gate or over the phone, as well as use it in place of splash cash (just carrying the card around)

For those following this or looking for an answer, I finally got a reply out of the park. They said that because any splash cash not used is refunded as cash, it would be like redeeming the card for cash, which you cannot do, and as such they are not usable for Splash Cash.