Work going on at LPM out the front

It appears they still have one... The indication is that it could be reopened in less than a few months, so I guess they still have it, or are confident the council(who are desperate for something to happen it) will fast-track the proposal. The owner has apparently been directly talking with the Lord Mayor Robert Doyle. I agree the thread should move on now.

Edited by colliric_855

It appears they still have one... The indication is that it could be reopened in less than a few months, so I guess they still have it, or are confident the council(who are desperate for something to happen it) will fast-track the proposal. The owner has apparently been directly talking with the Lord Mayor Robert Doyle. I agree the thread should move on now.

How does it 'appear' that they have one? - Oh I see - you're 'guessing' that they still have it or are confident the council would fast track the application? Pity it is not the council responsible for liquor licensing...

Council could certainly support or endorse the application, but the decision is usually up to the relevant department for liquor, gaming and racing - whichever form or face it has in VIC... its a state issue, not a local one.

How does it 'appear' that they have one? - Oh I see - you're 'guessing' that they still have it or are confident the council would fast track the application? Pity it is not the council responsible for liquor licensing... Council could certainly support or endorse the application, but the decision is usually up to the relevant department for liquor, gaming and racing - whichever form or face it has in VIC... its a state issue, not a local one.

By "Council" I really ment Lord Mayor Robert Doyle, who has friends everywhere.

And in the age of government transparency, the lord mayor is going to be able to pull strings to fast track an application with the state government for a private enterprise to get into business quickly - while all the other people making applications and waiting like everyone else have to sit by and watch?

Extremely unlikely. Your original post also didn't indicate you 'meant' the mayor when you referred to 'the council' You said:

the council(who are desperate for something to happen it) will fast-track the proposal

And in the age of government transparency, the lord mayor is going to be able to pull strings to fast track an application with the state government for a private enterprise to get into business quickly - while all the other people making applications and waiting like everyone else have to sit by and watch? Extremely unlikely. Your original post also didn't indicate you 'meant' the mayor when you referred to 'the council' You said:

One word torpedoes everything you just said.... Corruption. So the answer is yes.

And do not mention Town Planners, whose role in council and decision making processes RWC has totally ignored. A leopard never changes it's spots....... It's vintage RWC really.

...Go cry me a river!

One word torpedoes everything you just said.... Corruption. So the answer is yes.

Whoa man - like - chill out - this aint the 70s and 80s anymore, y'dig?

One word torpedoes your entire argument - and it isn't even a word... just an acronym - ICAC.

These days under freedom of information right to information, there are people who do nothing all day but request access to government records for the hell of it. Corruption doesn't happen like it did 20-30 years ago. Sure it happens - but people get CAUGHT. And they get caught quickly.

Besides - if they all want it open so badly.... why isn't it open already?

And if the Mayor wants it open so badly - where is he on public record saying so?

Another RWC invention that is all in his head.

I'm assuming that the Mods have deemed the topic to be of little value - as they're giving it quite a run. Perhaps this is the new 'off-topic' topic... It's like like people in Victoria matter anyway...