Dreamworld no longer a Theme Park

Mort

Well I don't think anyone has confirmed for us yet if the ride is in fact still standing or if it's just the track.

Wouldn't a ride SBNO mean that with a clean and a few buttons the ride could be functional again? As in it's just closed in the way that bermuda was?

This was more broken down and never fixed for whatever reason.

Bermuda's boats were carted off early on though - so by that definition, it wasn't SBNO.

I'm inclined to view Mine ride as SBNO. From what we do know, the track is complete, no work has been taken to demolish or remove it. I would usually resort to RCDB (as that is where I learnt most of what I knew about coasters OUAT, and although their current glossary doesn't actually define what SBNO is, the terminology is used for both a ride or a park, so I would imagine it would be a bit more than just 'whether the train car boat is still present'.

Although RCDB don't define it in the glossary, what is telling is the other statuses they do have:

• In Storage
  • Operating
  • Under Construction
  • SBNO
  • Operated (historical status only)

The RCDB entry for the ride pretty much confirms it -

http://rcdb.com/1129.htm

SBNO since 2006.

You know what, I don't think it makes sense to remove Eureka until they've got an idea what to do with the land. I mean think about it, if they get rid of the mountain, they'll then have to redress the side if the cinema, and the thing that would look best is if they turned it into a mountain. Great, except when they do use the land they have to remove part of the facade and redress the whole area from scratch. Seems much better to me to leave the mountain sitting there.

Having said that though, they really should paint it in the meantime so it doesn't look like it's a decaying fibreglass facade. Hell, even better would be if they could have a waterfall come off it. It's not hard to picture it coming out of one of the tunnels on the side. You could also have it partly run into Thunder River. Theme it up, make it look nice and I'd be content to let it sit for another couple of years.

100000% agreed. I think it was largely how they handled it too - I don't think they even really knew what the actual story was internally which has reflected poorly - I was at the park even just the other week and overheard and exchange where a little girl asked her mother what that ride was to which the mum replied "oh, it used to be this awesome ride, but I don't think it's open anymore, I wish it was though." This is six nearly eight years after the ride technically closed too - if this sort of thing is still happening nearly a decade on in a park then doing what Joz said and atleast integrating it into the themeing and properly hiding it so people don't look at it with fond memories of what their day could've been like had the ride been open would be a great start.