Australian Coasters Ranked

Cactus_Matt

9 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I'm calling you out on your list.

MDMC is the most uncomfortable ride in Australia.  Nobody would want to sit on this and have a tea party. 

Yeah true, I haven't ridden MDMC in a while but I don't remember it being as bad as Scooby's drops. Argh, I hate those. As said before, SDSC wins out on the theming. I'd say it gets a no.6 slot with proper theming. But coaster alone, it's pretty meh.

For mine:

1. Superman

The next I could easily shuffle around, so in no particular order, and based on criteria of ridability, overall experience and historical significance:

Wild Mouse

Abyss

Scooby Doo

Scenic Railway (although has seen better days)

Then lastly:

Jet Rescue

Arkham Asylum

Tower of Terror

I would have also included Hot Wheels if it still were at LPS as Big Dipper, and the Corkscrew at Sea World if it were still around. The Dipper coaster rode much better at LPS than it ever has at Dreamworld. The move killed it.

Best Flats:

1. Claw

2. Hair Raiser

3. Speed

4. Freak Out

5. Giant Drop

6. Tango Train (the new one that goes at epic speed)

7. The Huss Pirate (wherever it is now)

8. Tumble Bug (although it's looking a bit shabby nowadays, but a deceivingly enjoyable ride)

Contenders for spots 9 and 10: I'd almost be inclined to throw a Wave Swinger in here, but all the traveling ones are looking very shabby. The LPS Ferris Wheel has a killer view. Hate to admit but I don't mind the disko coaster at Dreamworld. I could also be inclined to let a Zipper slip in here too.

9 hours ago, Ranger Dude said:

I would have also included Hot Wheels if it still were at LPS as Big Dipper, and the Corkscrew at Sea World if it were still around. The Dipper coaster rode much better at LPS than it ever has at Dreamworld. The move killed it.

Well to be fair, the ride was very young when it operated at LPS, as the ride was shut when it was only a year old. Its quite a bit better now DW have given the coaster MK212 trains. When it was Cyclone, the ride was awful.

I'd say a mix of the two. Nostalgia definitely ranks it for me with those two, and i do believe they were much more comfortable in their earlier days, but Bush Beast certainly had a reputation as a bone shaker (and not a good one) in it's final years.

Having had an opportunity on several overseas, my comparison allows me to be more honest about those two.