Why does Queensland have the main theme parks

brady

Here is my reasons for why Walt Disney is a jerk: I dont have any, it was just a random comment thrown at him, he did a great job, although I dont think that animation wouldnt have taken off if he wern't around, now please stop picking on me :( anyway, I dont really think that Dreamworlds location on the highway is that important, Dreamworld receives and received a lot of publicity, its not like perople are gonna drive up past Dreamworld and go 'Hey! Theres a theme park, lets go for a bit of a spin, pay about 100 bucks to get in and sacrifice our former days plans!' Sorry if I sounded sarcastic but I dont really think that its position on the highway really matters.

well brado as i explained earlier, its a combination of wat was said earlier with legal implications, and also the simple reason that its sunnier here. acting as an external contributor to the factors that influence all business, the weather is one aspect that effects every businesses of this nature... however, altho no one can control the weather, u are able to conduct ur business and establish it at a place where it is more often than not favorable... Sth East Qld is sunny 95% of the time... small chances of bad days makes the park always a favorble destination... the hitman will never be replaced. long live bret hart.

Alton Towers is in the United Kingdom. Off the beaten track there means two blocks away. Alton Towers is only around 30 minutes from Birmingham and Manchester and under two hours from London. Another thing with Alton Towers, unlike our parks or those in Orlando, it's a regional park, like a Six Flags, not a destination park like those at the Gold Coast or Orlando. There's really no significant destination parks in the UK, unless you're willing to count sleepy seaside villages with parks like Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Having a hotel or two doesn't make a park a "destination park", its attendance does. Alton Towers, and its hotels are aimed at people looking to spend a day or weekend away. The use of the phrase "short break" is found throughout their website and on press releases etc. People don't go there for Alton Towers, they go to Alton Towers because they're there. I don't know, maybe joz can clear it up for us, but I'd doubt you'd bump into too many people while there without a familiar Birmingham or Manchester accent. Australia has many regional parks already. See Luna Park (Melbourne and Sydney), Jamberoo Recreation Park, Merimbula's Magic Mountain and the list goes on. These parks are currently achieving attendance under around 500,000 per year and it's no surprise why. Attendance breakdown for Dreamworld leaves only around 400,000 guests per year from Queensland (which isn't just SE Qld, but families who are attending Dreamworld as a "destination"), only a third of their total attendance - in some years more people actually visit from interstate than from Queensland. There's room for more regional parks around Australia, but given our population, there's no way you can expect attendance even a fraction of what regional parks in America get (the average Six Flags would be 1.5-2 million guests per season; only six months of the year).

Sorry, what I meant was that we should have maybe just a six flags style park (with some improvements to their formula of course) in Sydney or Mebourne, aimed at the people who live in the city, but not just a minor scale thing wiht just ex carinval rides or a collection of bobsleds and waterslides on a hill.