Sign in to follow this  
Slick

River Rapids

7 posts in this topic

A quick question though about the Rapids.... Why did they ever get ride off the turn table for the boats? Incase that makes any sense Richo, I'm talking about the loading system similar to that of Burmuda Triangle's. __________________

When the park finishes for the day, the damn on the left hand side of the Eureka Mountain gets the park's Gold Rush water stored into it. I have also been suggesting that at low tide they should place timed fountains so its not just a big whole from the eyes of the public.

My understanding is that DW discontinued the spinning platform as it was a safety concern. From memory more then one person fell into the water, though I'm 99% sure that no one went through the whole course. The water on Thunder River drains to the dam in the middle because its easier to leave it in the reservoir rather then keep the pumps going all night. Same thing happens on Bermuda, Rocky Hollow, Snowy River, Wild West, and almost any other water ride you can think of. Not sure how it used to work at Wonderland, but on every other rapid ride I've seen the back wall turns with the platform, kinda wedging it between the two so relative to the platform, the raft always face the same way.

The portions of this thread relating to Wonderland Sydney's Snowy River Rampage have been moved here. As explained in the since-moved posts, most of the trough does dry up when the pumps are turned off. This is evident if you've ever witnessed an e-stop or blackout on one of these rides - the water drains very quickly to the bottom of the ride.