Steel Taipan - Reviews

themagician

3 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I found - in my experience - coasters with spinney cars are much better when the layout is designed for it. 

Time Traveler and The Ride to Happiness are much better than both Taipan and Enso.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Tail-whip just didn't feel like the right fit with the taipan layout for me. I enjoyed riding taipan the standard way a lot more tbh. time traveler looks so damn good! Would love to go to Silver Dollar City one day 

I'm starting to think that I was either super lucky when I first rode it, or they've nerfed it post-opening. Because, when I first rode it (opening day, right before park close) it was much better than both Superman and DCR was the day before, and I observed it taking it's layout very fast (and Tailwhip spinning a lot) throughout the day. But, on a more recent ride in the same seat, and according to all of y'all, it's much tamer now. So, either they tamed it afterwards, or it's just due to being Winter, which I guess we'll see later on in the year.

9 hours ago, Tricoart said:

I'm starting to think that I was either super lucky when I first rode it, or they've nerfed it post-opening. Because, when I first rode it (opening day, right before park close) it was much better than both Superman and DCR was the day before, and I observed it taking it's layout very fast (and Tailwhip spinning a lot) throughout the day. But, on a more recent ride in the same seat, and according to all of y'all, it's much tamer now. So, either they tamed it afterwards, or it's just due to being Winter, which I guess we'll see later on in the year.

I rode Rivals same day, superman was shut but I think there were probably a few factors that might have affected the rides intensity. it was very quiet at DW yesterday, almost all my runs on ST were 1/4 full, im not sure how much that affects the ride but it might have an impact. On my first ride I thought ST was up there with Rivals but then upon riding Rivals that afternoon it absolutely is the superior ride in every way imo. 

As for Superman, it was closed so I didn't get to do a day comparison but I do think they are on par with each other. Taipan launch is no where near as forceful as supes, but Taipan is a lot longer and that has always been my main complaint about Superman. 

15 minutes ago, Coasterjoe said:

As for Superman, it was closed so I didn't get to do a day comparison but I do think they are on par with each other. Taipan launch is no where near as forceful as supes, but Taipan is a lot longer and that has always been my main complaint about Superman. 

when did you visit the park? i was there until around 2 and from what i saw it was operational.

I will say both rides have differing better qualities and it just comes down to what you prefer, inversions or airtime.

47 minutes ago, Rivals said:

when did you visit the park? i was there until around 2 and from what i saw it was operational.

I will say both rides have differing better qualities and it just comes down to what you prefer, inversions or airtime.

I arrived there at 2.30, I must have just missed it before it closed :( 

I love both elements so agree both rides have their strengths 

I seem to very much be the odd one out here, but Superman's very near-and-dear to me, so I'm fine with it being short both because of the dark ride section/theming, and because it delivers so strongly with the time it has. Because of that, I've got Superman about on-par (if not above) DCR, with normal ST below and Tailwhip ST above them both (due to the aforementioned cycle I got).