The Big Pineapple.

T-bone

We were told that one day, the Leylands will have enough money (made from their T.V show) to buy all the land back, Fix the place up, and open it again as Leyland Bros World.
That’s all good and well but there is a problem with that plan, they have to get the show on TV first. I don't know when I last saw one of their shows on telly. "The Bus is now leaving for Tellygram Range, NSW"

This was a long time ago. Anyway, there was a T.V. show recently (2000) where the Leyland Family, went around in their campervan/ bus, and toured Australia. Showing viewers the wonderful natural sites of Australia. I can't remember the name of it, but it was something like " something, something with the Leylands"

Something like that. Thanks Gazza. :D You see bus, the show does exist. Finally someone agree's with me. :eek: And that show is currently on Channel 10, at 12.00PM. Here is also a link to that Bush Camp i was talking about earlier aswell. Notice how the camp's logo person is the old Logo Person from Leyland Bros World.

I just had a look at eBroadcast's TV guide and I stand corrected. Had anyone seen any of the shows that have been on lately? Are they from back in the 80's and early 90's? Or are they new 'adventures'? "The Bus is now leaving for Pimpala Broadcasting Station, South Australia"

• 9 months later...

The Big Pineapple. Used to be the pick of the crop (get it! - LAME) but when all the others showed up. Top Shots, all the Worlds, Aussieworld it just went bad. Losing money, rides stopping, JUST CLOSE IT! Sorry Pineapple - you were good while you lasted! DID U KNOW? there is the Big Pineapple 2 (at i think Gympie or Maryborough or around there, WHERE?).

Yes there is another Big Pineapple somewhere else, in a Petrol Station, nothing like the Big Pineapple that we are talking about here though. I have one of those Big Things Books, a very good book for Australia's Large Roadside Attractions, however I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Has anyone seen the Big Bundegerg Cola Bottle? Made out of old Glass Bottles?

Seen a photo of it Paul, don't think I'll tavel up to see it though :) It’s sad what’s been happening to the Big Pineapple, it’s really not the same place it used to be. Harvest Boat ride was probably the worst $2million any park in Australia has ever spent, as its not exactly the sort of thing that draws people from far and wide, though it should, its so appallingly bad that it was worth at least twice the price to go on it. The place decided to stick true to its educational roots, and it seems in hindsight to not have been the best move. Sadly now its got to the point where the only hope for the place is for Warner Village to buy it and turn the excess land into Wet ‘n’ Wild

Joz, I was up there around a week ago now, and saw the Big Shell, and The Big Bottle, both in Suburban Noosa, on a quiet suburban street. The Big Shell is nothing but a shop full of shells. The Big Bottle is quite interesting, and I do say that if you are up in that region, check it out, as it will either be coming down to the ground, or re-located somewhere else as the place has actually closed down, and has been bought by a developer, who wants to put some townhouses there. I'll upload some photographs shortly!

In response to that comment regarding the book, You can't take the internet site in the car with you can you? That book is like a Bible to me, and I will go buy a new one if I need to. The book is way more extensive, with more photographs & history than the website. Edit: I also think the site has mixed up the pictures for the Big Pineapples. The photo here: http://www.bigthings.com.au/pix/bigthings/pineagymp.jpg is clearly the photo of the one at Nambour!

Edited by Paul_Hollibone